Music

I am having an issue with the way the corolla is sorting my music as it wants to reorganize what i have to where have artists who do different songs in so many different files. my friend who has a tacoma i had her set the flash drive up as in start with the folder music.. then second folder with gener or artist then put all the music for each folder in that folder it worked to a point. I did get the sorting options but though better it still wants to reorganize my music into multilple files with only a few songs in each. so am at a loss at how to get it so it reads the folders as i set it up and doesnt reorganize it. is there a read as is option or default to folders option?
In other words, we dont want it thinking for us its good as an option just not the default. would appreciate any suggestions at how to organize it so it reads the folders rather than go resort everything to multiple files with only a few songs that play over and over and doesnt go to the next folder. suggestions on how to make it continuously play each folder in consession one after another. I feel its quite a distraction driving when have to keep selecting song after song or artist after artist. the system my friend came up with at least there are files with multiple songs but half do not as the system tries to make a folder multiple files i should say for each artist at who they sing with or play with.
anyone with suggestions thanks