My 5th Toyota Corolla - A 2013 Toyota Corolla S

RCWRTR

2013 Toyota Corolla S
Hello!

I am excited to discover Corolla Forum after being a fan of the Toyota Corolla for 25+ years!

I have owned a 1988 Toyota Corolla LE, a 1989 Toyota Corolla LE, a 1992 Toyota Corolla LE and a 2006 Toyota Corolla CE previously. I loved all of them, so when it was time to search for a new car, I went straight to the local Toyota dealer to get another new Toyota Corolla.

Yesterday, I took delivery of my new 2013 Toyota Corolla S. I adore the interior and exterior styling of the new 2013 Toyota Corolla S. In my opinion, it's the best Toyota Corolla yet!

This time, I opted for the 2013 Toyota Corolla S, as I prefer the look of the S version with the integrated fog lights and ground effects to the L and LE versions.

I chose the Classic Silver Metallic exterior with Dark Charcoal Fabric interior, Automatic Transmission and the EE, FE and PM packages. I customized my 2013 Toyota Corolla S with the optional Body Side Moldings, Door Sill Enhancements, Auto-dimming Mirror, Remote Engine Starter, VIP Security and Cargo Net.

The MSRP with the above customizations was $21,466.00. I paid $19,000.00 cash for my new 2013 Toyota Corolla S and had yet another pleasant and easy car-buying experience.

I'm excited to interact with other 2013 Toyota Corolla S owners and owners of other years and models of the Toyota Corolla here on Corolla Forum.

I am looking forward to learning more about my new 2013 Toyota Corolla S here on Corolla Forum and to enjoying many happy years as the proud owner of a 2013 Toyota Corolla S.

Wow you are happy with your new car, you mentioned 2013 Toyota Corolla S seven times in your first post:) Congradulations on your new 2013 Toyota Corolla S it sounds great.

RCWRTR

2013 Toyota Corolla S
Thanks, Scott.

Excellent question!

Several years ago, I came to the realization that my life had become way too complicated. I was working too many hours to maintain a lifestyle that I was not enjoying. Right then and there, I made a conscious choice to make decisions that would allow me to enjoy my life more, by working less, worrying less and living more simply, and never looked back!

Today, I live simply by choice, within my means and without any debt. I enjoy a frugal, but comfortable, lifestyle. If I can't pay for something with cash, I don't buy it. I no longer worry about meeting employment expectations, fulfilling too many responsibilities and financial obligations. I spend more time thinking about things that truly matter to me.

I've never been a fan of hidden costs. Even 0.0% Financing has costs I do not wish to pay, such as "loan origination fees". Automobile dealers are given incentives to sell financing to consumers and the incentives automobile dealers receive for doing so come directly from consumers' pockets. As such, it's not surprising I received a much better price for a cash purchase vs. a financed purchase for my new 2013 Toyota Corolla S.

I also prefer not to be bothered with making a monthly car payment by check (with postage costs) or online (with associated online bill paying initial setup & monthly banking fees). I don't pay for things with credit cards, either, for this same reason.

I know that there are other financial choices I could have made instead of purchasing my new 2013 Toyota Corolla S with cash, but at the end of the day, it was the right choice for me. I am very satisfied with it and my new 2013 Toyota Corolla S.

RCWRTR

2013 Toyota Corolla S
Wow you are happy with your new car, you mentioned 2013 Toyota Corolla S seven times in your first post:) Congradulations on your new 2013 Toyota Corolla S it sounds great.
Thanks! I am very happy with my new 2013 Toyota Corolla S! Getting the S model this time was very important to me, as I previously owned 1 Toyota Corolla CE and 3 Toyota Corolla LE models. I always compromised and chose the practical, less sporty model. This time, I didn't want to compromise. I got the exact car I wanted.

Thanks! I am very happy with my new 2013 Toyota Corolla S! Getting the S model this time was very important to me, as I previously owned 1 Toyota Corolla CE and 3 Toyota Corolla LE models. I always compromised and chose the practical, less sporty model. This time, I didn't want to compromise. I got the exact car I wanted.
I own and have owned quite a few Toyotas though this is my first Corolla, I actually went in just to get a base model but ended up with the LE which has so far worked out well for my needs, The S model was tempting but again looking for more basic transportation. The thing I would have had really liked was the seats in the S model, they are nice! Again congradulations!

RCWRTR

2013 Toyota Corolla S
I like the "Dark Charcoal" color seats in my new 2013 Toyota Corolla S and found them more comfortable than the seats in the 2012 Toyota Camry L, LE, SE and XLE models and the 2013 Toyota Corolla L and LE models.

Another feature I really like in my new 2013 Toyota Corolla S is the 2 part glove compartment. I use the upper portion for my flashlight, my Totes umbrella and my small ice scraper.