MY Cosmetic Upgrades....Share yours.

Yes, i know there are many threads showing off builds but ima start another! here is my 2014 corolla S

-Black out Taillights(with Vinyl)
-Black Vinyl Front headlight eyelids
-Front and Rear Mudflaps
-Window Visors
-Rear window visor
-"Custom" side skirts( I used garage sealing from home depot for side skirts....looks decent)
- LED Foglight
-2 Niight LED Yellow 4" light bars.
-Tein Street Basis Lowering Coilovers.(lowered to half a finger gap all around)
-Short Ram intake
obviously full sound system but other than that I'm going for the black accessories....i loved the blacked out look.

Attachments

Oh man, I don't think I can list them all now. Lol
-Hydraulic hood lifts
-Engine bay LED on mercury switch
Injen cold air intake
Auer Automotive LED fog lights
-LED front marker lights
-Retractable front tag bracket
-(removed) eye lids
-Front facing camera
-Dual factory horns
-(removed) sport bra
-(removed) hood protector bug shield
-Weather stripping around hood
-Interstate battery
-TRD oil cap
-TRD front strut tower brace
-Megan racing lower H brace
Jetchip MAFS
-TRD lowering springs
-Enkei Raijin 18x8.5, 35mm offset with 225/45/18's
-Gorilla and Mcguard lug nuts
That's all I can remember, and that's just from the windshield forward!

I've got..

- BC coils w/ 24k swift springs (previously on Airforce air suspension w/ Airlift V2 and before that was on BC coils w/ 5k/6k springs)
- XXR 526 in 17x10 with 205/40 tires, faces are plastidipped a metallic gold with Toyota center caps
- King Fiber Eyelids
- Imported rear outer tail lights
- Painted trunk tail lights red with the bottom half being color matched to the car
- Mapisa Body kit and spoiler (replaced front lip once and used the eBay gt style lip which broke in the rain)
- Custom rear diffuser with a rear fog light
- Eagle eye LED reverse lights (replaced my license plate screws with these)
- Eagle eye LED DRLs on the front bumper
- 35% tint all around
- Weather tech window visors
- Headlight armor yellow fog light overlays
- Nokya 9618 fog light bulbs (removed)
- Quik Latch quick release

Wow, great job. Seems like just small "cosmetics", but they change car drastically.. in a good way of course! When I'll lease my beauty at DSRLeasing, which is soon to happen I'll make sure share my fun as well!

How did you hookup the LED DRLs on the bumper and where did u buy them?
I have them connected to a separate switch using one of the unused spots near the steering wheel. Bought the LEDs off of ebay. I had to drill through the grill to mount them but I sandwiched it in between the lower grill and front bumper.

How did you hookup the LED DRLs on the bumper and where did u buy them?
I also wired it to a switch in a unused portion of my car....i used a existing hole in my firewall from my Sound System to hook it all up....and believe it or not, no drilling for me.....the lights on the front are zip tied on to the grill....they hold strong and no drilling required.

I have them connected to a separate switch using one of the unused spots near the steering wheel. Bought the LEDs off of ebay. I had to drill through the grill to mount them but I sandwiched it in between the lower grill and front bumper.

hey i see you live in Cali...hows your chasis holding up on the roads sitting that low? my jack points are kinda beatin up under the car from those high speed bumps :/......also a rock totally smashed my gas tanks heat shield...(luckily no damage besides that)

hey i see you live in Cali...hows your chasis holding up on the roads sitting that low? my jack points are kinda beatin up under the car from those high speed bumps :/......also a rock totally smashed my gas tanks heat shield...(luckily no damage besides that)
Ever since I upgraded to a stiffer coil over setup, I don't really have too many problems driving (driveways and speedbumps I must avoid though). When I was on bags and drove that low, the ride was too soft that I scraped on most bumps since the body would bounce into the ground. My frame has some burrs/dents and some of the bolts under the car are rusted at the tips. The tabs where the front fenders mount on the bottom of the car are bent. My exhaust pipe has a huge dent around the middle of the car. I usually just commute to work with this car so I know the roads and can avoid most of the potholes and bumps.

Ever since I upgraded to a stiffer coil over setup, I don't really have too many problems driving (driveways and speedbumps I must avoid though). When I was on bags and drove that low, the ride was too soft that I scraped on most bumps since the body would bounce into the ground. My frame has some burrs/dents and some of the bolts under the car are rusted at the tips. The tabs where the front fenders mount on the bottom of the car are bent. My exhaust pipe has a huge dent around the middle of the car. I usually just commute to work with this car so I know the roads and can avoid most of the potholes and bumps.

oh geez thats a big scrape... but okay i got you...yea that heat shield in your picture is the exact one that got all smashed up on my car..... but thanks for sharing these pictures!

oh geez thats a big scrape... but okay i got you...yea that heat shield in your picture is the exact one that got all smashed up on my car..... but thanks for sharing these pictures!
My heatshield is fine, that pictures was just to show how low the frame is the ground haha.

-Hydraulic hood lifts
Injen cold air intake
-LED front marker lights
-(removed) eye lids
-Front facing camera
-Dual factory horns
-(removed) sport bra
-Interstate battery
-TRD oil cap
Jetchip MAFS
-TRD lowering springs
Post a video of the hydraulic lifts on your YouTube, I want to do it too :)

My 2014 is white and has a similar window tinting across the top of the front windshield. This" Corolla " decal will replace the current one that`s just starting to show the slightest wear .

View attachment 2688 I posted this in another thread also but,
Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/eqeAVBFZ
2014-2016 carbon fiber eyelids!
I've ordered a pair and they will be here in 23 days:(!
I'm not real big into carbon fiber, especially when it's shiny, but these are cool!
Somehow these managed to get here in 7 days! That was awesome since they came from China.
Unfortunately, they're not made for the US version Corolla's.
This is after a two day conversation about weather or not they would fit. They assured me that they would.:mad:

My modifications for my 2014 Corolla S+:
Reverse light LEDs
Rear turn signal LEDS
Tail light LEDs
License plate LEDs
"Security" license plate screws
Real 100% Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame
Custom black and yellow California license plate
Rear Corolla and S badges removed
Black painted lip spoiler
VHT Nightshades tinted tail lights - tinted to different darknesses to stay safe and legal (I'm going to redo this soon)
Borla S Type Cat Back Exhaust
30% 3M ceramic tint on the rear doors and back window (I'm going to put 30 on the front doors and something around 20 on the rear soon. (this isn't dark enough for southern california)
10% tint strip on the windshield
VVT-i decal on both sides
RallyArmor basic mud flaps
StopTech Slotted sport brake disks (all 4 wheels)
EBC RedStuff brake pads (all 4 wheels)
Toyota wheel locks
I painted my brake calipers red but its fading so I will be redoing this soon
BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 All Season Tires (BEST UPGRADE I'VE DONE)
Custom made (by me) LED mirror turn signals
Philips Crystal Vision Ultra High Beam Bulbs
Front LED switchback turn signals / parking lights
Sidemarker LEDs
Headlight "eyelid" vinyl overlays
Tinted sidemarkers with a slot left un-tinted for safety and legality
Yellow Fog light bulbs
Yellow fog light vinyl overlays
removed OEM front license plate bracket and just installed the plate with bolts and nuts. I think it looks cleaner.
Painted front and rear toyota emblem black.
Engine Bay Light with hood pin switch (for visibility, not aesthetics)
K&N High Flow engine filter
K&N washable cabin filter
Hella Supertones horns
Aluminum oil cap
Battery quick release (for easy electrical work)
glove box light with magnetic switch
Interior map light and dome light LED replacements
Footwell White LED strips tapped into the map light circuit so that when the map lights turn on, so do the footwell lights.
Colored footwell lights with remote control
aftermarket heated seats (my car didn't come with them)
Hardwired in Garmin GPS Cable
My custom phone charging system that is made up of:
a dual Quick charge 3 phone charger hardwired under my center console,
one of those quick charge ports connected to a Wireless fast charger built in under that center console cubby,
and the other quick charge ports permanently connected to a 6 foot cable so that anyone in any of the 5 seats can charge their phone (android only of course unless they bring a converter lol).
And I think that's it so far!

Future mods:
Aftermarket speakers and subwoofer
dynamat
hood strut lift system
lowering springs (Probably eibach pro)
wheel spacers
Front strut tower bar/ TRD rear strut brace / Megan Racing H Brace / Other Ultra Racing Bars
Front LED light bar. (I do most of my canyon driving at night)
vinyl wrap or paint interior parts
eventually I'll get aftermarket wheels but it's not a priority, I actually like the OEM wheels
Front and rear dash cam
I was thinking about a Viper alarm system
Custom or aftermarket pedals
Some sort of "demon eyes" type thing in the highbeam housings
Mapisa Type Z spoiler in black (Just the spoiler)
No turbo because of the f*kin CVT

Ask me anything! I have links to all this stuff I was just too lazy to put them in.

Last edited:
-Hydraulic hood lifts
Injen cold air intake
-LED front marker lights
-(removed) eye lids
-Front facing camera
-Dual factory horns
-(removed) sport bra
-Interstate battery
-TRD oil cap
Jetchip MAFS
-TRD lowering springs
What are you using for your hydraulic hood lifts? There are so many options online I don't know what to trust haha

My modifications for my 2014 Corolla S+:
Reverse light LEDs
Rear turn signal LEDS
Tail light LEDs
License plate LEDs
"Security" license plate screws
Real 100% Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame
Custom black and yellow California license plate
Rear Corolla and S badges removed
Black painted lip spoiler
VHT Nightshades tinted tail lights - tinted to different darknesses to stay safe and legal (I'm going to redo this soon)
Borla S Type Cat Back Exhaust
30% 3M ceramic tint on the rear doors and back window (I'm going to put 30 on the front doors and something around 20 on the rear soon. (this isn't dark enough for southern california)
10% tint strip on the windshield
VVT-i decal on both sides
RallyArmor basic mud flaps
StopTech Slotted sport brake disks (all 4 wheels)
EBC RedStuff brake pads (all 4 wheels)
Toyota wheel locks
I painted my brake calipers red but its fading so I will be redoing this soon
BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 All Season Tires (BEST UPGRADE I'VE DONE)
Custom made (by me) LED mirror turn signals
Philips Crystal Vision Ultra High Beam Bulbs
Front LED switchback turn signals / parking lights
Sidemarker LEDs
Headlight "eyelid" vinyl overlays
Tinted sidemarkers with a slot left un-tinted for safety and legality
Yellow Fog light bulbs
Yellow fog light vinyl overlays
removed OEM front license plate bracket and just installed the plate with bolts and nuts. I think it looks cleaner.
Painted front and rear toyota emblem black.
Engine Bay Light with hood pin switch (for visibility, not aesthetics)
K&N High Flow engine filter
K&N washable cabin filter
Hella Supertones horns
Aluminum oil cap
Battery quick release (for easy electrical work)
glove box light with magnetic switch
Interior map light and dome light LED replacements
Footwell White LED strips tapped into the map light circuit so that when the map lights turn on, so do the footwell lights.
Colored footwell lights with remote control
aftermarket heated seats (my car didn't come with them)
Hardwired in Garmin GPS Cable
My custom phone charging system that is made up of:
a dual Quick charge 3 phone charger hardwired under my center console,
one of those quick charge ports connected to a Wireless fast charger built in under that center console cubby,
and the other quick charge ports permanently connected to a 6 foot cable so that anyone in any of the 5 seats can charge their phone (android only of course unless they bring a converter lol).
And I think that's it so far!

Future mods:
Aftermarket speakers and subwoofer
dynamat
hood strut lift system
lowering springs (Probably eibach pro)
wheel spacers
Front strut tower bar/ TRD rear strut brace / Megan Racing H Brace / Other Ultra Racing Bars
Front LED light bar. (I do most of my canyon driving at night)
vinyl wrap or paint interior parts
eventually I'll get aftermarket wheels but it's not a priority, I actually like the OEM wheels
Front and rear dash cam
I was thinking about a Viper alarm system
Custom or aftermarket pedals
Some sort of "demon eyes" type thing in the highbeam housings
Mapisa Type Z spoiler in black (Just the spoiler)
No turbo because of the f*kin CVT

Ask me anything! I have links to all this stuff I was just too lazy to put them in.
Looks like a shopping list!

Thanks! How are they? Would you recommend them?
They are kind of pricey but they work very well. They keep pressure on the hood so there's a little bit of noise involved but only when it's warm outside. I'm still trying to tackle that issue. I could probably adjust the latch to compensate and I've already added weatherstripping around the edge of the hood.
They're easy to install, you just install the brackets underneath your hood bolt and then the hydraulic lifts just snaps onto those. There's a little bit a cutting involved on the upper cowl so they will lay down flat.
I'm still working on making a video, lol.

They are kind of pricey but they work very well. They keep pressure on the hood so there's a little bit of noise involved but only when it's warm outside. I'm still trying to tackle that issue. I could probably adjust the latch to compensate and I've already added weatherstripping around the edge of the hood.
They're easy to install, you just install the brackets underneath your hood bolt and then the hydraulic lifts just snaps onto those. There's a little bit a cutting involved on the upper cowl so they will lay down flat.
I'm still working on making a video, lol.
What do you mean by the noise?

What do you mean by the noise?
At first I thought it was the lowering springs. Took me a little bit to figure out it was the hood.
Our hoods are under spring pressure, that's what make them pop up when you pull the inside release. (I know you know this lol). Add the hydraulic lifts trying to always open, and now there is a lot more pressure. The sound is very very subtle, but it will sound kinda like the hoods been popped.
I don't know how else to describe a sound. Lol
I'm pretty sure it's just the latching mechanism in the grille.

I do all custom upholstery work, here are some of the changes I've gotten to so far.. I have also redone my shifter boot, but it keeps saying file is too large..
Resize photo or if you have an iPhone, email it to yourself. It will ask you what size you want to send. Choose lower. Save pic from email at lower size and then try to upload it here.
Nice work btw! I like the biohazard toyota!