My first new car: A 2016 Toyota Corolla S Plus

My dad bought a 2014 Corolla when it came out, and I've always liked driving it. Of course it doesn't have a lot of pick up, but it's super reliable, handles pretty well, and gets great mileage. I got my first full time job a couple months ago and I knew I had to have a Corolla! So I picked up this beauty last week.

The 2016 model addresses a lot of the minor grievances I had with the 2014 model, the seats are a bit more comfortable and allow me to see the road better, the suspension and handling went from decent to great, and the Bluetooth seems to connect faster. I paid $17,500 out the door and I couldn't be happier. Do you guys think I got a good deal?

EricW

Congratulations, great color!

What version Corolla was the '14? Base or LE, S? I would have expected the S Plus to be a better handling version of the Corolla.

Congratulations, great color!

What version Corolla was the '14? Base or LE, S? I would have expected the S Plus to be a better handling version of the Corolla.
It was an LE Eco, perhaps that is why it handles better, and not because it's a 2016? What is your opinion on the reliability of the new Corollas with all their electronics? I'm babying my new car and I'm really hoping to make 200,000 miles without any major trouble.

EricW

My new Corolla is a 2017 so I really haven't had it long enough to have any issues with anything. My other Corolla is a 2001 and I never really had any major issues with it. But the 2001 doesn't have nearly the amount of electronics in it like the 2017.