My Rolla bites the dust!

Byrd

Hey everyone,

My name I Byrd and this is my horror story.

I've had my 2005 Toyota Corolla since it was fresh off the lot. I've driven it 161,562 miles, and I think its finally met it's maker.

A couple of months ago my precious Rolla stopped working out of the blue. I wasn't getting fuel to the fuel rail, and immediately replaced the fuel pump, figuring it was one of my few option.

No such luck.

After crawling around on the Web, I figured it was the ECM, so I hopped on good old Ebay and sourced me an ECM with a parts warranty on it.

Installed it, and sure as gods got sandles, I get fuel back.

Then the dreaded beast rears it's head: key transponder.

I proceed to call my local dealership and they inform me it's going to cost $400 to pair the key with the new ECU.

Sorry, I love my corolla, but I'm already in a pit and they said I would have to handle towing myself.

This is my eulogy to my Corolla, which has done me so well in the past. Truly a great car, accompanied by unfortunate service.

Here's to the Corolla, cest la vie!

for the keys? Of course. Whats another $30. It might also do you good if you google your 2005 corolla if you even need this techstream. I believe only newer car needs this process. For your car I think you could do the toyota dance. Its on youtube. If you think I am not serious about the dance I am.

for the keys? Of course. Whats another $30. It might also do you good if you google your 2005 corolla if you even need this techstream. I believe only newer car needs this process. For your car I think you could do the toyota dance. Its on youtube. If you think I am not serious about the dance I am.
I call it dance because you have to do a series of steps to program the key but I am now pretty sure your car is one of them however I think you need a master key.

Byrd

I call it dance because you have to do a series of steps to program the key but I am now pretty sure your car is one of them however I think you need a master key.
Ah! Yes, I have tried the dance. Unfortunately, I don't have the master key for the new ECU, so it doesn't work.