NEED HELP -- 1995 Corolla

Ok, so I am having multiple issues with my car and I need help.

My car died going down the freeway. I had it towed home and started trying to fix it.

I started by buying a new battery, not the issue. It sounded liked my starter was clicking so I removed the starter, had it tested and it was bad, replaced it and that was not the issue.

When I tired to start it the starter still clicked so I changed the battery terminals, cleaned the ground wires, still not what it needed. Then my starter was clicking but then it stopped and the clicking came from behind the dash. It was my Circuit Opening Relay that was clicking and when I hold it I can feel it clicking. So I go buy one of them, STILL not the issue. The new one clicks just like the old one did.

Does anyone have any idea what my issue may be? This car is killing me with the $100+ parts.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
A starter will not cause a car to quit running. All a starter does is start the engine.

Stop replacing parts in the hope it will fix the problem. That gets very expensive and a lot of good parts end up in the trash.

Diagnose.

In the long run it's cheaper to pay a professional automotive technician to correctly diagnose the problem than it is to randomly replace parts.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
As is quite common with seemingly 99% of the people who post questions here, (almost always for free repair advice), they probably will not return to contribute anything to this forum or even say thank you, just as the other two people who posted questions yesterday, and the day before that, etc.