Need Help - Replacing Rear Bench Seat Cover

I bought a new rear bench seat cover from Toyota. It was pricy, but where it was a lease I wanted an OEM cover. Now they're telling me they want over $500 (including taxes) to take off the old cover and put on the new one. I thought it was as simple as changing a sock. Why would the price be so high? Does anybody know what's involved in replacing just the bench part of the seat cover. Thanks for your help.

Thomas

I don't know about replacing the cover, but as for removing the bench seat from the car, it's relatively easy. There are two clips on the bottom that you just have to pull up on, and a bolt behind the fold-down seat that is a bit of a pain to get to (and to put back in!), but once you unbolt it, the bench seat comes right out.

(May I ask where are you from LittleBear?)

I bought a new rear bench seat cover from Toyota. It was pricy, but where it was a lease I wanted an OEM cover. Now they're telling me they want over $500 (including taxes) to take off the old cover and put on the new one. I thought it was as simple as changing a sock. Why would the price be so high? Does anybody know what's involved in replacing just the bench part of the seat cover. Thanks for your help.

you can't replace the seat cover yourself unless your a professional seamstress but you can take out the seat with a wrench and some muscle....