NEW 2014 Corolla

Just got wind that the new 2014 Corolla is going to change the look of the S type (due in AUG). From the "SPI" photos, it looks very different. I really like the look of the 2013 I am looking at but was wondering what the forum thinks about waiting for the 2014 model instead of the 2013. Thoughts? Would you wait for the new model?

Jon

Administrator
Have you seen any renderings of what the 2014 will look like? I've only mainly seen ones that have a lot of camo on the car.

My feeling is that if you fall in love with the new design, wait for it! 'Cause you'll probably only be happy with that design.

Jon

Administrator
This is what I've seen out there....pretty drastic re-design. But the conceptual views are always a little drastic!

What are your guys thoughts?

I know I'm going to be in the minority when I say this.... I don't really like the look of it :eek:. I like my 2013 S better. I've heard so much about the 2014's. I'm definitely going to check it out to see how it looks in person.

oh man is that sharp. i missed the car show the last couple of years so i gotta say that is what i've been waiting for the corolla to look like. sweet

Personally, I like the 2013's better. But, as someone said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you really like it, wait, because you won't be happy if you don't.

I'm really glad I got my 2013 too. I like the look of the 2013 better than the 2014. I want to stop by the dealer though and take a look at one in person.

Looking great and stylish new 2014 model,.I thinks its first dashing model in Toyota that i am crazy to buy,.Totally different from previous models and little bit looks like a civic,.

Just bought my 2013 and its really as nice looking as I had hoped. I have always liked the S model but the last few years have been the best looking I think. The 14 looks like a Dodge Dart to me, no thanks. It really also looks like every other subcompact out there. Sorry I like the more boxy sedan look myself. I actually was really missing the S emblem on the front grill so I grabbed one off the internet for $17 and stuck it on there. I got a hell of a deal on it to. Seems Toyota will be cutting production on the 2013's and begin ramping up for the 14 models. If you like the 13 model better grab one soon.

ugh

I know I'm going to be in the minority when I say this.... I don't really like the look of it :eek:. I like my 2013 S better. I've heard so much about the 2014's. I'm definitely going to check it out to see how it looks in person.
O lordy !!!! think the front end as ugly as the Ford EDSEL !!! and we all know how that went !. Too bad they've left the classic design .... glad I bought mine in 2010 and it is still going strong and looks like new !!!!! certainly wouldn't want to drive this new mode:(l !

curb

Sorry, I just don't like the Front Grill Opening.. Reminds me of a Mitsubishi.
I do like the dash layout and design.. I also wish you could get a Tan interior with a White body

I really like the look of the 2011-2013 S model. I have read up on the specks and to be honest, the engines are the same with same horse power, except for the 2014 LE ECO (140 horse). the base will still have the 4spd auto (old technology) as option. Manuals are up to six gears and LE and S can be had with a CVT. From what I can see is the fuel economy for all but the LE ECO is a shade better. 2014 is longer and slightly wider and slightly lower. So what it comes down to is (in my opinion) looks both interior and exterior. The reviews have shown that the door panels are still hard plastic althought the dash top is soft touch. I am very happy with my 2013 S I just got and to be honest, with only a shade better fuel economy of the new I don't think I am missing out on anything. besides I would not be able to get what I got on my 2013 S in a 2014 S for the same low price

Last edited:

fishycomics

Super Moderator
just stopped into the Toyota Dealer today. No 2014.....

Where did the trunk go! Did the Lower the Hood, like the Civic?

Engineers hearing how poorly people bang the crap out of the bumpers, they should have kept the full color scheme, a money making market! They should have came across with a beefier nose and bumper no coated paint, but died in color. that goes for tri state people Lol.

Looks awesome I hear the interior has changed. happy now we own and have a 2013. But still like to see the 14.

2014 s

I just got a 2014 S and this is my first Toyota. 21500.00 out the door @ Newnan Toyota. So far I have no complaints.
CC
The one pictured above is the same one I have.

Last edited:

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I was at a Dealer, not for the car, Lol $23.000.00 on all the one's I seen, not on the show room floor, Lol

What I notice, the door handles, were different from earlier models, the front had a longer nose, the rear a longer bumper, the rear glass, little window going up, and not straight like the older model. The interior cloth, even on the center consoles arm, that I see getting filled with oils of the arm, when always resting on it?

The Nose of the newer is identical, that is a good thing, but the style loos alright, Red looked smaller, white looked bigger.

I do not see paying $25K-27 in the next few years for a $15K car.

I have seen them in person and they are not bad looking. What I don't like is the 2014 S is not much different than the other models. Sure they have a different front end, but the rear lip spoiler is the same as the LE ECO model. My 2013 S has a body kit and looks different than the other models. I think toyota should have done the same with the new one.