New On Here: 2000 Corolla Issue

:D:D:D:DAbout 3 years ago I had replaced an MAS, and it seemed to remedy the issue of a rough idle and drive that I had been having. The CEL light had gone off and stayed off until I was test driving it and got onto an entrance ramp and stepped on the gas. The instant I accelerated, the CEL light came back on but performance wasn't immediately affected. Gradually the rough driving has come back and has gotten to the point where it will just cut off on the road, I will wait a few minutes, and it will start up after a few tries. So to not damage it any further, it has been in the driveway since Oct. Could the MAS be a defective one again????? With better weather on the way, I'm hoping to get back outside in on it with warm air and some information on this.
Another thing I've done are replacing the valve cover gasket due to an oil leak where the timing chain joins the block. I may have to do this again because I failed to put that sealant back in the chain cover/block area. No biggie because I have some Denso plugs yet to put in, so I'll have to be back in the area again.:D:D:D
It has to be something simple.

To begin diagnosing the issue, you'll first have to scan the vehicles on-board computer and find out what the trouble code is that is illuminating the check engine light.