New Passanger Seat

I am a driving instructor and drive 2014 Corolla LE ECO. I spend a lot of time in the passenger seat and find it very low and uncomfortable.The driver seat is a somewhat better since it is height adjustable. I used drive a Yaris before and the seat was vastly better. I have tried the cushions, Obus form and the likes but it still kills my back...So I am faced with a dilemma to either change the seat or get a different car all together. So I was wandering if anybody has experience changing the seat. Thanks for you reply,Mike

I am a driving instructor and drive 2014 Corolla LE ECO. I spend a lot of time in the passenger seat and find it very low and uncomfortable.The driver seat is a somewhat better since it is height adjustable. I used drive a Yaris before and the seat was vastly better. I have tried the cushions, Obus form and the likes but it still kills my back...So I am faced with a dilemma to either change the seat or get a different car all together. So I was wandering if anybody has experience changing the seat. Thanks for you reply,Mike
You being a drivers instructor I would recommend a full blown bucket seat with a 5 point harness. lmao

But jokes aside, there is a company that makes universal bucket seat mounts which might fit into the corolla. I do not remember the name of the company but a bit more research should yield more results :thumbsup:

You being a drivers instructor I would recommend a full blown bucket seat with a 5 point harness. lmao

But jokes aside, there is a company that makes universal bucket seat mounts which might fit into the corolla. I do not remember the name of the company but a bit more research should yield more results :thumbsup:
I wonder if this would allow the front seat to travel any further back. I for one like to sit low so I keep my seat at lowest possible height, and I wouldn't mind another inch of front leg room. I know seat positioning is a hot potato due to airbag concerns.

Coming from a person who has pain in about every joint in my body, I'm surprised a low seat position causes back pain, it sounds more like a cushioning issue. I would recommend trying an upholstery shop, they can work wonders with adding padding and thus some added seat height and possibly comfort.

I agree about the cushions. I work in a chiropractors office and we actually have lumbar braces for people who experience back pain because of the way the seats are.
Something similar to this:[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Lumbar-Cushion-support-cushion-sitting/dp/B000VZZMXE/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1416435461&sr=1-3&keywords=chair+lumbar+support[/ame]

Your back is naturally supposed to have a curve to it. The car seats we have do NOT support spine curves. In fact, they purposely curve your spine to one area causing pain and discomfort. Two more problems which can cause low back pain:
1.) If car is an automatic and you have your left foot constantly pressed against yourself that can cause unnecessary pressure and mess with the leveling if your back muscles causing possible pinched nerves.
2.) Having a wallet in your back pocket. (I myself did this and then stopped and my pain went away!) Having a wallet in your back pocket WILL upset the leveling in your back muscles, again, possibly pinching a nerve.