New speakers?

I have a 2014 Corolla LE with only 21k. Recently I noticed one of the speakers (RF) sounding horrible when a deep bass is on. I went to the dealership and they told me that the mp3 player amplifies the bass along with the radio to create that distortion. But if i put a CD with a strong bass in the mix it will still make that horrible sound. I was thinking about changing the front speakers but I know absolutely nothing about car stereo systems and am worried I will just throw money away if I change the speakers but not the radio, which I really like. Any suggestions out there about what I can do?

Our factory speakers are crap. I've upgraded all of mine and even added more tweeters and subs (of course).
The speaker your referring to is easy enough to replace. I would suggest watching a few YouTube videos on it first. The factory speaker is riveted to the door, so you'll have to drill them out. You will also need a speaker adapter and obviously a speaker. You can get lots of recommendations on this forum, I have Kenwood's in all the factory locations.
www.crutchfield.com is a great place to start as they will provide everything you'll need with your purchase.
Watch the depth of the speaker also, you glass goes down behind the speaker.
Anyways, keep doing your research until your comfortable.
We'll be happy to help you out!

Also, there are videos on how to remove the door panels as well.

Our factory speakers are crap. I've upgraded all of mine and even added more tweeters and subs (of course).
The speaker your referring to is easy enough to replace. I would suggest watching a few YouTube videos on it first. The factory speaker is riveted to the door, so you'll have to drill them out. You will also need a speaker adapter and obviously a speaker. You can get lots of recommendations on this forum, I have Kenwood's in all the factory locations.
is a great place to start as they will provide everything you'll need with your purchase.
Watch the depth of the speaker also, you glass goes down behind the speaker.
Anyways, keep doing your research until your comfortable.
We'll be happy to help you out!

Also, there are videos on how to remove the door panels as well.
Thanks man. I finally did it! Got me the focal PS 165v1 for my front speakers. Needed a bracket so they wouldn't mess with the window. They sound great, so much better than the factory ones. And they came with the little wee ones that go up near the dash, also installed. Next, looking to replace the rear ones as well.

JoshTRD

I've been to 3 audio shops and the preferred choice they all go with is Memphis Audio and ARC Audio....i live in So-Cal.....they do have lower end brands but at all the shops the top brand where those two.

When it comes to speakers, you get what you pay for. To an extent.
At some point, the price goes up because of the brand name or color or some other non important part, but the quality will be the same.
Ask some of the YouTube channels like fivestaraudio (5staraudio) or CAF what they recommend.
Also, you need to know what YOU want to get from new speakers. Treble, mid bass, etc. How your going to power them, how much power, etc.
I have a 4-channel amp driving the speakers in the factory locations. It puts out about 80 watts per channel RMS. So I had to find speakers that could handle that power. I ended up with the Kenwoods, but I think my other choices (at the time) were a lot more expensive with the same specs. Kicker, Polk, Pioneer.
I’m not suggesting you go the same route I did, just giving you some knowledge from my experience.
Those audio shops are professionals, I am not. However, by the end of the day, sales is all that matter!

I've been to 3 audio shops and the preferred choice they all go with is Memphis Audio and ARC Audio....i live in So-Cal.....they do have lower end brands but at all the shops the top brand where those two.
Never personally heard either brand and I haven’t even heard OF ARC.
I think Memphis is a new brand?
Crutchfield pushed those for a minute.
BTW, Crutchfield.com is a great resource too