New to me 02 corolla

just picked up a 2002 Corolla, with only 103k on the odometer. Been driving it a week and noticed no excessive oil consumption. No idea as the maintenance history, would it be beneficial to switch the oil over to full synthetic, and which one? Also which plugs and wire would everyone on this site recommend? Thanks in advance to any and all recommendations.

NKG Iridium Plugs. Toyota uses Iridium spark plugs (Long Life) . I replaced my original after 120,000 KM. NKG IFR5T11 or BKR5EIX-11. If you want something less expensive for peek performance and don't mind the higher services maintenance schedule use the E3 E.48. The E3 uses a copper core and will require replacement around 30,000-40,000 KM for better performance. Remember to change the Wires. If you have a weak spark... replace the coil packs, but watch as their pricy. The only issue I had was one of the coil packs was a little hard to reach and I accidentally cracked a plastic tab. But at 103K... the recommend interval is between 160,000 to 180,00 K for plugs. My 2001 is just over 186,000 KM. I've only run Synthetic. Use a good oil filter - Mobile 1 are rated better then the FRAM that I've been using, however as long as you change the filter on every oil change you should be good. The only Issue's I've had is dirty Mass Air Flow Sensor (takes about 5-10 minutes) to clean and run a bottle or Royal Purple atomiser every season and you should be good. It of course depends on driving conditions and weather. It gets cold here -40C to +38C. No Oil consumption issues yet.... Knock on wood.

Should also mention. Before changing the Plugs. Degrease the motor. Use a shop VAC to pick up all the road debris / bug parts that get into the tiny back spaces in the motor and change them One plug at a time to make life easier on yourself.