New to Toyota, how do I get text msgs working?

I am new to the Toyota world. I purchased a 2017 Corolla LE for my step daughter and I am trying to figure out the text msg system. I am using any iPhone 6s and I can not get it to display txt msgs. Has anyone got this to work on the LE with an iPhone? Sorry if this topic has already been covered, but I could not locate a decisive answer. Thanks

When I had an Android the messages would always display; since switching to iPhone (6s, 7, 8) I have not been able to get the text messages to display. Following for answers..

Yes, the bluetooth connection is present, I can make and take calls that are played through the system as well as navigation plays from my phone through the system. Guess it is just one of the Apple "features" that keep it from working.

I have read a few articles that suggest maybe there is too much data trying to be transferred on iPhones with existing text msgs on them. Next time my step daughter is home I will try to connect my spare iPhone that does not have any text msgs on it. I will see if that phone will allow new text msgs to come through. Once I have the opportunity to try this theory I will post the results.

lar.smith, do you have the basic entune in your SE or do you have one of the premium models? I am pretty sure that my step-daughter's LE has the basic model. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I am just learning how to use the hands free system. I have paired an Android phone with the Toyota successfully but while it shows and reads emails from two accounts, it will not show SMS messages. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? This is a Corolla im 2018 with an Android phone from roughly 2017 running Marshmallow or nougat operating system. Thank you for letting me know if you have any ideas what is causing this.