New to Toyotas!

Hey guys,

Just joined the forum! Will soon to be inheriting a Corolla, 2007 model year I believe. Here she is:

As the fourth car in the family, the Corolla will be daily-driven by my mother as a commuter car about 30K miles a year. This will give our Honda Odyssey a break, as it has been playing this roll for the past 11 years, racking up over 310,000 miles thus far.

The Corolla currently has about 60K miles (just a baby!) and is in pretty good shape inside and out.

I love to work on cars, and I'll be doing most of the maintenance on this car. I've never worked on Toyotas before (other than changing out bulbs and things of that sort), but I have quite a bit of experience working on BMWs. I've gone pretty far into the engine of my 2003 540i....

And she runs like a champ now!

The BMW takes most of my time and money, and certainly is more appealing for me to work on as it is my personal vehicle. I perform a significant amount of preventative maintenance on it, as it's not exactly as blindly reliable as a Toyota. Other than this, it has quite a few modifications (most of which are aesthetic, while still retaining the OEM look of the car). I've also done a good amount of work on my father's Inline-6 BMW, and the Honda. However, I look forward to learning the ins-and-outs of the Corolla I4 engine and all the tricks for keeping it healthy for many miles to come.

Cheers!

Welcome aboard and nice cars! :thumbsup: :)

For any vehicle, one of the best things you can do is to use high quality synthetic oils along with quality filters. My brothers 1994 Toyota Corolla has over 250,000 miles on it now using AMSOIL synthetic motor oils and filters, while changing the oil once every 25,000 miles or one year. Let me know if I can provide you assistance with this as I'm an independent AMSOIL synthetic lubricants dealer of over 25 years experience.

That BMW engine looks like a real masterpiece of engineering. :thumbsup: