No crank, new battery, turn the key dash lights go out, headlights stay on

No crank, new battery, turn the key, dash lights go out, headlights stay on. Replaced the battery connectors, and am getting voltage from battery to connector wires. When I turn the switch to middle switch all lights light up, when I try to crank, all the dash lights go off buy headlights stay on and do not dim. Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks,

Brian

I’m just a 17 year old but I’ve taken 2 auto classes so I feel like I’m a mechanic. Electrical issues can be caused by millions of things. If you turn the key and you hear a tink sound then it means your starter is good but if you turn the key and there’s no noise then it would mean your starter burnt out, they are tiny motors and break quite often on all types of cars. Alternator would be fried but I’m a bmw boy not a Toyota guy. Just got a Toyota 4 days ago so I’m an idiot. Just take what I say with a grain of salt.

I’m just a 17 year old but I’ve taken 2 auto classes so I feel like I’m a mechanic. Electrical issues can be caused by millions of things. If you turn the key and you hear a tink sound then it means your starter is good but if you turn the key and there’s no noise then it would mean your starter burnt out, they are tiny motors and break quite often on all types of cars. Alternator would be fried but I’m a bmw boy not a Toyota guy. Just got a Toyota 4 days ago so I’m an idiot. Just take what I say with a grain of salt.
But here’s some actual good advice: turn off all the lights in the car, unplug any phone chargers plugged into the cigarette ports, make sure NOTHING is using power. If your car doesn’t get 11.6 volts of power it just won’t start. Pretty sure a new battery would be able to handle stuff like that but just in case, there’s my two sense.