No Power to Backup Camera

Greetings,

Back in 2015 I installed an aftermarket camera in my 2013 Corolla. This camera worked GREAT until a couple of months ago when it simply stopped working. When I shift into reverse nothing happens, the display on the radio remains in whatever setting it was in.

Thinking the camera might have failed I bought an exact replacement from the same source as the original. I plugged it in and there was no change. This led me to believe that it's either in the head unit or the wiring in between. Since the head was the easier choice I removed it from the dash and checked to see if any power was being supplied to the camera when I shift into reverse. There was nothing. No power is coming from the head unit when I shift into reverse.

I've scoured the interwebs looking for schematics as how to diagnose this further, but I'm coming up empty. Other than the camera not working the head unit works perfectly, it's the non-Entune radio BTW, it has no apps nor navigation, just does radio and bluetooth.

I did have a brief time when the camera failed, it was just after the car battery was replaced back in 2016, for about 2 weeks the camera didn't work, but then suddenly started working again and remained working until recently.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what I should try next?

Thanks
-Bob