Normal RPM driving

Discussion in '2014 + Toyota Corolla' started by Cesar Castro, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Cesar Castro

Cesar Castro New Member

i always drive my car at no more than 2K rpm thinking that the engine and CVT will last longer if I do this.
    Is there any difference in the life of the car if I have a bit more fun and always accelerate to 3k RPM?

Ricky Rios likes this.
  2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ToyBoy

ToyBoy New Member

I drive moderate, I want good gas mileage.

Ricky Rios likes this.
  4. OP
    Cesar Castro

Cesar Castro New Member

Which RPM do you accelerate to ?
    I mostly go up to 2K

5. ToyBoy

ToyBoy New Member

around 2k rpm ,but on cold days it runs a little higher on take off.

Ricky Rios likes this.
  6. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

What!? Y’all are crazy !
    Drive it like you stole it, you ain’t gonna hurt it!!

7. FinalGear

FinalGear New Member

AGREE!!...

Toyota for life likes this.
  8. lar.smith

lar.smith New Member

They have got to be kidding ! only 2k ! I see 4k and 5k a lot. Sometimes 6k ! Gotta be a joke.

Toyota for life likes this.
  9. Toyota for life

Toyota for life New Member

We’re talking about a Toyota Corolla here. Not a punie Ford or Chevrolet. Drive with common sense but this engines are designed to take a beating. I set my cruise control to 80mph on a 20 miles commute each way at least 5 times a week. Take a wild guess as to what rpm’s I’m talking about. Also I own my Toyotas at least 10 years at a time.

Cesar Castro and Ricky Rios like this.
  10. Mickman

Mickman New Member

I'll never forget, I used to work with a guy who had an '89 or '90 Corolla. It was already like 15 years old at this time, and when it was cold out he used to start it and rev it up, many times banging it off the rev limiter in park until the car warmed up.

Religiously. o_O

He said he didn't care if the motor blew cause that meant his parents would buy him a new car.

Toyota motors are meant to take a beating.

klebinek and Toyota for life like this.
  11. Toyota for life

Indeed they are. Bet joke’s on him cause older cars, specially the ones with carburetors need the extra help. Obviously not being a turd like your ex coworker. I’ve been dealing with Toyota all my life. I used to work with a guy that owned a 79 Corolla in 2001 that was in mint condition. New paint job and working A/C. Back then I owned a 99 Tercel. He would drive past me in the highway like the 5-0 was chasing him.

0ldGuy17SE50th likes this.
  12. 0ldGuy17SE50th

0ldGuy17SE50th New Member

Toyoda was a Forklift and Sewing Machine manufacturer prior to being an Automobile Manufacturer, so i think they had reliability/durability issues conquered before they started making Autos.

Toyota for life and Chris Denton like this.
  13. Toyota for life

Good point.