oh what a feeling toyota

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Well have not been in our Toy 2016, and night and day to the 2010, and heaven and hell 2007, Lol

ever feel a 200K car to a 100K car to a 10K car yes. Trans is rough, hard on you, to wow old fashion to sleek and smooth

Yeah I got back in my 2010 and I was shocked in every way my 2010 drove to the 2014, and fam's 2007 lol

Just wanting to put that out there. CVT is so much better.

2007 100k since last trans change
2010 87K since last trans change
2016 won't see a change

Well have not been in our Toy 2016, and night and day to the 2010, and heaven and hell 2007, Lol

ever feel a 200K car to a 100K car to a 10K car yes. Trans is rough, hard on you, to wow old fashion to sleek and smooth

Yeah I got back in my 2010 and I was shocked in every way my 2010 drove to the 2014, and fam's 2007 lol

Just wanting to put that out there. CVT is so much better.

2007 100k since last trans change
2010 87K since last trans change
2016 won't see a change
The CVT has it perks, but I wish I had the 6 speed manual. I can kill the salesman that lied to me...

well I know the next car won't hve paddles. I want. i suggest go back and get that manual
Unfortunately, my car is already 2 years old, & it was a year before I discover the truth. Since I'm considering an engine swap, I'll more than likely south the tranny at the same time.

Lied about what ? What truth ? :confused:
About the specs of the car ? They've been the same, by variants, for years and zillions of units. Not much to hide !
Did he sell you a bad unit (Pre-owned instead of new ? Accidented ? Lemon ?) ?
Naw, car is great & only had 4 miles on it when I got it. He just told me that a manual transmission was not available on anything but the Toyota pickups.

The salesman told me that an manual tranny wasn't available on anything but the pickups. Therefore I didn't press the issue, & got the S Plus with the CVT.
Web sites / brochures, reviews, even online owner manuals are far better friends than salesman when buying a car (and a lot of other products) ;).
From my experience, many salesman simply don't know their products or / because they are too lazy to do a little search.
To stay on the subject from the OP, I can't compare with previous Corollas but I can't say I love the CVT smoothness. Much smoother than any AT in other cars I've owned. And that fuel economy !!!

Web sites / brochures, reviews, even online owner manuals are far better friends than salesman when buying a car (and a lot of other products) ;).
From my experience, many salesman simply don't know their products or / because they are too lazy to do a little search.
To stay on the subject from the OP, I can't compare with previous Corollas but I can't say I love the CVT smoothness. Much smoother than any AT in other cars I've owned. And that fuel economy !!!
:oops: I can (not can't, sorry !) say I love the CVT smoothness. Much smoother than any AT in other cars I've owned. And that fuel economy !!!

I like my cvt . People that are looking for a race car may not. It keeps my rpm`s down if your not a lead foot and gets great mileage. As long as they hold up well I`m totally satisfied.

Ie been happy with the CVT as well...nothing spectacular, but it works. Would I get another? Probably not, but not against this one.