Oil catch cans

Does anyone here have any experience with oil catch cans? Would this be effective in helping to extend the life of these gunky Corolla engines?

OK... but what information or experience are you drawing on for this opinion?
Well, the car wasn’t engineer to have one and its not turbo, supercharge, hemi, or has a monster V8.

Replacing your pcv valve is cheaper than an oil catch can

Guts (filters) inside of the oil catch can…. Has me wondering, but still test one out for the Corolla Team.. :D

Well, the car wasn't engineered to have one and it's not turbo, supercharge, hemi, or has a monster V8.

Replacing your PCV valve is cheaper than an oil catch can

Guts (filters) inside of the oil catch can…. Has me wondering, but still test one out for the Corolla Team.. :D
I see your point. I would not even consider removing the pcv valve but it is merely a check valve designed to take that back pressure off of the crank case and return those vapors to the intake. On my first examination of an intake system, I was surprised and worried about all of the oil and gunk that had accumulated there. Now, at least, I understand why this is and that it is nothing major. However, these vapors contain a lot of trash. Why return them to the engine? The biggest drawback is that these cans are maintenance intensive requiring monitoring during oil changes, an added step that some may not be willing to make.

Pricewise, some of these things are ridiculously over priced. On the other hand, some are way too cheap. You do get what you pay for. There are some videos floating around for some DIY versions as well. DIY and repurposing are what appeals the most to me. For example, my windshield washer tank was rotten in this car. Instead of dropping fifty-five bucks on a new one, I used a gallon and a half gas tank from an old lawn mower for the job. Had to create a bracket to mount it to the car. An old shelf bracket served that purpose. It turned out tight and neat and won't rot out like the old one.

I will see what I can do about testing this out but I do not intend on keeping this car too long. It is the bank that the 4Runner parts are going to come from. I would like to know if this is an effective solution for reducing gunk and wear and tear since this is basically the same engine that is in my son's 2000 MR2 Spider. Will keep ya posted.

Is your post simply opinion or do you have any real data for this point of view?
This is a factual statement...and all the real data you could ever need is on the internet. And oil catch can or oil separator or any other name you can give it is used to catch or trap any oil that makes it's way back into the intake due to added pressure or boost of a turbo charged engine. Now granted the amount is very small. The equivalent of a qt size bottle capfull after several thousand miles. Again, due to added pressure or boost that a non turbo motor will not make.

Finally discovered the internet and have found tons of positive info on catch cans. Cheap ones will send the oil back into the air flow. I won't try one on this 2000 Corolla. I have already spent too much on restoring the suspension, exhaust and window regulators among a few other issues. Been driving it. All is functioning well and no smoke from the tail pipe. Ice cold A/C. Putting it up for sale.