Oil Pressure Light - Followed by Engine Failure: Worth Looking at?

First of all, hey to all!

I'm driving a 2003 Corolla Terra Hatch, 1.4 petrol manual.

I was traveling at the weekend when my oil pressure light came on. I pulled in checked cap (noticed creamy substance, gasket issue) and levels. There was no sound (tapping/screeching) or indication other than the lamp that I had lost pressure - so I continued on my way (first mistake of the evening).

30km down the road the light flickers then remains on but I continue driving for about 10km until the engine cuts, revs drop and I hear a high pitch screeching noise. I pull in and go through the motions maybe considering the chain had snapped (200k miles). I called for breakdown assist to tow it home but while waiting I tried to turn it over and all I hear is the rumble of the starter successfully spinning up but the engine wasn't biting. After a few attempts (second mistake) the engine begins to sound like it was igniting and eventually runs only with my foot on the accelerator, but with the addition of a loud clanging noise. I stop, get it home into the driveway.

The next day, I take off the rocker cover and the cams don't look melted burnt etc. I remove the sump, all looks ok, no metal shrapnel or fillings. I put a breakers bar to it while in neutral and try to do a full revolution but its getting caught.

Any ideas on what I need to look at here? I'm really just curious to know whats been damaged from the loss of oil pressure given that it hasn't seized. Could it be a valve colliding with a piston, shot oil pump, bearing causing knocking? I understand the car is probably not in a good position right now (even after just passing an MOT/NCT) but I'm just looking to explore my options with it.

Any input is appreciated!

R