Opinion on the sunroof?

Im buying a new corolla LE for work. deciding between the regular and the upgrade package. i currently have an 09 corolla S with no sunroof but always feel one would be nice but not sure id use it. . those who have it? can you live without it? I've never owned a car with a sunroof.
my personal car is a convertible so that obviously doesn't count as sunroof experience as its night and day.

I love having a sunroof, always a pleasure to open it up and get the fresh air. I love the extra light it provides too even on rainy days by having the shade cover open. Get the sunroof, you won't regret it.

Depends on where you live I guess, & how long you plan to keep the vehicle. They all tend to leak at some point in my experience. I also live in the hottest state in the Union, so I'd never open it except at night. A sunburned scalp is nothing nice!

Depends on where you live I guess, & how long you plan to keep the vehicle. They all tend to leak at some point in my experience. I also live in the hottest state in the Union, so I'd never open it except at night. A sunburned scalp is nothing nice!
That's why I like the sunroof and sunshade. When it's to hot you can close it up and when you just want the sunlight but are using the A/C you can have it that way too. Like you said when it's not hot just close it up but when the sun goes down or your not in the heat of summer enjoy it! I've never had a sunroof that has leaked but I've enjoyed hundreds of thousands of miles with on open!

I've had sunroofs, t-tops and convertibles and none of them ever leaked!
It's usually when these items are added aftermarket when they leak.
Never had a sunroof on a car and would never pay extra to have one. I do have a sunroof on my Yamaha Road Star, but of course that was not an add on charge.:)
My GSXR came convertible as standard option!! Sweet deal!!

Never had a sunroof on a car and would never pay extra to have one. I do have a sunroof on my Yamaha Road Star, but of course that was not an add on charge.:)
You don't know what you are missing. When I bought my 2009 Corolla S it had a sunroof packaged with some other options too and was worth every penny. You have to look at the complete package that you are buying for any car. Mine also came with the JBL upgrade which sounds 10x better then either of the other stereos, auto dimming rear view mirror, leather wrapped steering wheel, bluetooth and stereo controls in the steering wheel and ESC which was an option in 2009. In 2010 it became standard equipment. When I was looking around very few had any of these options let alone all of them combined. In fact mine was the only one west of the Mississippi River with all of those options and also a 5-speed manual!