Paint Chips

man i got bad paint chips all over the hood front bumper:cursing: got the paint pen look like:cursing: i ask toyota to cover it they said no but they offer the paint hood wrap also mud flaps

whats the mileage/age of the vehicle? Depending on those toyota might be able to do something if the paint was faulty(applied improperly/bad batch).

Normal driving. It a 2014 corolla with 12,654 miles 1,245 to fix it going tomorrow to see what Toyota say.if no fix it trading on back to gm

Last edited:
Is it damage or faulty paint? Can you post pics?

We've had a long winter here and the roads are covered with sand, rocks, salt and who knows what else, I keep more distance than normal from the car in front of me.

I'm having the same issue with my 2014 Corolla the front bumper is chipped bad I'm so pissed about this I feel like this car is cheap the dealer is giving me the run around and I paid cash for my car :furious: I have to bring at back for some rep from Toyota too look at it but not sure if there going to do anything about it. The car only has 8K miles

I may have to spend another 500 for the clear bumper cover any help would be appreciated

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
lovemycar - What difference does it make if you paid cash for your car or not? Just curious.

With the paint being chipped from road debris, that is damage that your insurance company can cover.

lovemycar - What difference does it make if you paid cash for your car or not? Just curious.

With the paint being chipped from road debris, that is damage that your insurance company can cover.
I made that statement cause I could have taken my hard earned money some where else and for the paint to be chipping this easily is just ridiculous
and I think the dealer should fix it

Like I said. Japanese cars skimp on paint. I drive on a paved freeway and already found paint chips on my Corolla when I detailed it when the car was only three months old.

I'll deal with the paint chips over the multitude of mechanical issues I had on my ****us ... I mean ... Focus.

:thumbsup:yep talk to Toyota rep and the offer me that so I took it. paint guy told the dealer must wait 5 days then put on the wrap so Toyota paying the rental too.