Phone and Bluetooth Icon Dimmed

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

For some reason, I'm unable to connect my phones to my 2014 Toyota Corolla. Both of my phones show that they are paired, but these two icons are dimmed to the point that they are not displayed. For the past several days, I'm told that there is an update available. I assume this is a,firmware update. When I attempt to install the update, I'm told the update was unsuccessful. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem. How can I resolve this issue,

If there was no problem before and there is now, firmware update won't be of help. Those correct problems known to be commons to all head units.
Pairing can only be done when the car doesn't move. When moving, icons are dimmed so that you use the hand-free feature.
After the phones were marked as "connected", did you press "OK". Otherwise pairing is not completed.
Is it a new problem with phones that were successfully paired before and stop working or are those new phones ? Some problems have been reported with iPhone6 and some "jailbreak" phones.
Plus some bluetooth devices may interfere with each other.
Are the phones themselves configured to automatically accept the connection with the car ?
That's the limit of my knowledge !

Thomas

I don't know what advice I can give. My phone stopped playing music over bluetooth once, but turning the car off and on again fixed it. (It was playing music, stopped, all icons and everything on both the car and phone showed that it was connected/paired.)