Potential longevity of embedded nav in 2019 XSE vs Scout GPS?

I have a '19 XSE sedan with the embedded nav in the head unit, which I love to pieces. My favorite thing about the car. First time having nav built into a car vs using the ones on my phone. I'm wondering what people think of the likely longevity of the embedded nav. My goal is to have my second Corolla for 15 yrs, as I did my last one. What in hell will the embedded nav be like in 5, 10, 15 yrs? Any guesses? Will it even work? Are the connected nav head units that use things like Scout GPS or apple car play a better bet in the long term?

Hard to say. 10-15 years is a huge period of time technologically. Think that 15 years ago, assisted GPS (with 10 feet precision) was a novelty, Google Maps had just been created, there was no iPhone and Netflix was a by mail DVD rental company... In the next years, 5G implementation promise slow but sure obsolescence for most of our connected devices. On the other hand, we're still waiting for flying cars or even autonomous ones and AM radio is still on so who knows!

One thing is for sure: as long as there will be SDcards, you'll be able to update (at a cost) the maps data of your unit, since it uses this support. Otherwise don't expect any functionality updates. Toyota is now at Entune 3.0 and only slowly starting implementation of Android Auto. Without making it a general law, it also worth mentioning that Entune 2.0 Premium (with nav, like in your car) is relatively often mentioned on forums has having freezing/rebooting problems. Ironically, updating the maps appearing to be a solution.

Wow, that is laughably presented! So militaristic - "own the sky"! And dressed like a paratrooper, making sure to fly by the Statue of Liberty? I won't be trusting my ass to this thing anytime soon.