Power steering warning lights turned on

Discussion in '2009 - 2013 Toyota Corolla' started by Nithiyanantham Kalisamy, May 13, 2018.

1. Hi All,

I had an issue with my Corolla(2012 Sedan) today due to battery drain and jump started the vehicle, but later I observed that 'power steering warning light' is turned on. However once I start my engine there are no warning signs are displayed. Just that today i had issues, I have seen that, but I would like to know, what is the impact of it because it does not stay after engine starts. Please provide some guidance.

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Toyota for life

Toyota for life New Member

If it doesn’t stay on after you start the engine then you should be fine. Seems to me it’s coming on during the computer self check. If your power steering was out you could feel it when you turn your steering wheel.

4. OP
    Nithiyanantham Kalisamy

Nithiyanantham Kalisamy New Member

Thanks for your input. I don't feel any difference in streeing wheel, its the same as before.

5. Toyota for life

Toyota for life New Member

Your welcome. Not sure if you have a hydraulic power steering system or an electronic one. Chances are in your year model is electronic. But if it’s hydraulic don’t forget to check the fluid level.

6. OP
    Nithiyanantham Kalisamy

Nithiyanantham Kalisamy New Member

Sure, I'm not aware of which system its used. In user guide, i haven't seen any details whether its hydraulic or electrical. Need to check on that. Thanks for the advise.