Push Button Start and Lighting

Hi,

New owner of a 2015 Red Corolla S. Due to the pricing and financial considerations, i didnt end up with an S Premium which is what i really wanted, but got most of the options.

i definitely want to do some mods, the subs/speakers/amps and tint will be first, but i had a few questions about some other things.

a) If i wanted to add push button start as well as the proper keys to make it all work, does anyone have those part numbers i would need? If its even possible or cost effective that is and I'd prefer it not to be aftermarket.

b) I see these kits for sale on ebay for about $40 with the LEDS for the interior, tail lights, license plate and turn signals, does anyone have experience with these or should i just piece everything out? Definitely looking at led fogs and high beams down the line as well.

c) I know this might take a while, but i would like to eventually upgrade to another factory radio, was there a higher option on a corolla, with navigation and things like that, id rather not cut up the dash for an aftermarket radio. I understand this is probably a long shot but i was just wondering.

d) Has anyone modded the extra little spots next to the usb and aux input? more usb connects and a power inverter would be pretty awesome there. Even sub level would be cool.

Awesome to finally have a car thats worth tinkering with and has an awesome community of people behind it.

Hi,

New owner of a 2015 Red Corolla S. Due to the pricing and financial considerations, i didnt end up with an S Premium which is what i really wanted, but got most of the options.

i definitely want to do some mods, the subs/speakers/amps and tint will be first, but i had a few questions about some other things.

a) If i wanted to add push button start as well as the proper keys to make it all work, does anyone have those part numbers i would need? If its even possible or cost effective that is and I'd prefer it not to be aftermarket.

b) I see these kits for sale on ebay for about $40 with the LEDS for the interior, tail lights, license plate and turn signals, does anyone have experience with these or should i just piece everything out? Definitely looking at led fogs and high beams down the line as well.

c) I know this might take a while, but i would like to eventually upgrade to another factory radio, was there a higher option on a corolla, with navigation and things like that, id rather not cut up the dash for an aftermarket radio. I understand this is probably a long shot but i was just wondering.

d) Has anyone modded the extra little spots next to the usb and aux input? more usb connects and a power inverter would be pretty awesome there. Even sub level would be cool.

Awesome to finally have a car thats worth tinkering with and has an awesome community of people behind it.
I've done all of this except for the push to start. Too expensive for me.

"b) I see these kits for sale on ebay for about $40 with the LEDS for the interior, tail lights, license plate and turn signals, does anyone have experience with these or should i just piece everything out? Definitely looking at led fogs and high beams down the line as well."

I used LED's from Phillips. They claim to be the only street legal LED's available. Either way, they're a good brand.
I've changed the maps, dome, tag and front marker lamps twice. I started with 6000k but they were TOO bright so I stepped them down to 4000k. Much better. I've also changed the backup and stop lamps with Phillips.
All available on Amazon.
As for fog lights, I replaced the entire unit with parts from AuerAutomotive.com They claim to be the manufacturer of the Lexus fog lamps. Either way, they're awesome!
I haven't done the high beams, can see no point. As for turn signals, they are CANBUS and can be complicated to replace with out getting that "hyper flash".

"c) I know this might take a while, but i would like to eventually upgrade to another factory radio, was there a higher option on a corolla, with navigation and things like that, id rather not cut up the dash for an aftermarket radio. I understand this is probably a long shot but i was just wondering."

You can step up to the entune radio with NAV but you'll need to add the GPS antenna. OEM will require drilling your roof. If you go with aftermarket, you can retain all of your current radio options and more. There are wiring harnesses available so you won't need to cut any factory wiring. I am still using my OEM HU but have added amps and sub, replaced all of the factory speakers and even added additional tweets. The possibilities are endless.

"d) Has anyone modded the extra little spots next to the usb and aux input? more usb connects and a power inverter would be pretty awesome there. Evensub level would be cool."

The dummy plugs next to the USB/AUX jack are for the heated seat control switches. I'll assume you don't have this option. You can purchase the plugs from Toyota. I bought some spares in case I ever want to return the car to stock. Anyways, I mounted my amp level control knob in one of these. Then I relocated it next to the traction control button on the console.
I've also added a front camera and a monitor mirror. I bought a factory style button to switch the camera on and off, that is mounted in the dummy plug next to the mirror control.

"b) I see these kits for sale on ebay for about $40 with the LEDS for the interior, tail lights, license plate and turn signals, does anyone have experience with these or should i just piece everything out? Definitely looking at led fogs and high beams down the line as well."

I used LED's from Phillips. They claim to be the only street legal LED's available. Either way, they're a good brand.
I've changed the maps, dome, tag and front marker lamps twice. I started with 6000k but they were TOO bright so I stepped them down to 4000k. Much better. I've also changed the backup and stop lamps with Phillips.
All available on Amazon.
As for fog lights, I replaced the entire unit with parts from AuerAutomotive.com They claim to be the manufacturer of the Lexus fog lamps. Either way, they're awesome!
I haven't done the high beams, can see no point. As for turn signals, they are CANBUS and can be complicated to replace with out getting that "hyper flash".
links pls?