question concerning Ipod

ArtO

I recently purchased a 2014 Corrola S. I know I can plug my ipod in through the aux port. I also have a cord for it that plugs into a standard USB port. I'm assuming I can listen to it through there as well ?? Providing I can, will it charge the ipod through the USB port as well, or would I still need to plug it in to the charger ??
Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Art

Keep in mind that I have a lg g4 and not a iPhone... The usb will play music from your phone as well as charge it. However I found that the charging was verry slow compared to a regular charger plugged into the lighter socket
Here's s what I do
I plug my phone I to a charger and use the bluetooth for streaming g music from it. And keep a seperate 32gb usb drive plugged into the usb at all times (set it up right and u can see album art)
I've used the jack above the usb once and it provided good sound but am reserving it for a sirius xm radio

ArtO

If the ipod is plugged in through the aux port you have to use the ipod to play music & change songs. If you plug in through the usb port then the ipod charges and you can control it through the radio or steering wheel. I'm not sure how well it charges yet, we'll find out as time goes by.