Radio Freezing

So my Corolla S is having a problem with the radio. When I start the car it works fine for about a minute then all of a sudden none of the buttons or the touch screen responds. Also the gps lady talks to me giving me directions that I did not ask for lol. Plus the blue tooth connects to my phone and the music plays but it tells me my phone is not connected??? How can my audio play then? Any ideas how to fix this? I was thinking about pulling the battery cable off but would rather not if I can help it. I did hold down the power button but no luck fixing the issue.

So a couple of months later I am having the same problem again with the new radio. Anyone experiencing this issue? Any ideas how to fix it? This is so frustrating. Thanks for your help.

Sounds like the dealership didn't diagnose and fix the problem, but merely assumed it was the radio and replaced a perfectly good radio. Either that, or they have a bad batch of radio's.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
From years ago, the dealer would send the Radio out, and you get the same one back. Did they do that for you? Does the radio have a security code, if it does you would have gotten a new code in hand?

If the problem is back, it is electronics alright, the only time I had an issue like this in 1984 was the Altinater dying, that everything in the car go haywire.

We are here Free of charge, but you are best to get back to your dealer and have them find the solution and resolve it.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. This was a brand new radio installed. They obviously checked out the other radio just to verify what I was telling them. Once they determined there was a problem they replaced it.

No not yet. But I want to soon. I will be careful with the buttons. After the entune update it has stopped freezing up. My only issue now is the bluetooth sometimes disconnects a lot. The dealership said that happens a lot.

My Bluetooth seems fine but sometimes the track info doesn't update when I'm using Google Play Music.

Sometimes when I change the volume the volume bar doesn't drop down or it freezes up for a minute. Hopefully an update will fix that.

How do you do the update?
well the radio told me there was a mandatory update. Usually you would just click the update button that displays when its an option. Unfortunately for me I had to take the car to the dealer to get the update from a USB stick. For whatever reason my radio wouldn't load the update. I called entune and they insisted the problem was my phone. So I got 2 others phones and still the update wouldn't work.

My Bluetooth seems fine but sometimes the track info doesn't update when I'm using Google Play Music.

Sometimes when I change the volume the volume bar doesn't drop down or it freezes up for a minute. Hopefully an update will fix that.
I have an android phone and my radio never displays the track info or album cover. When I used my iPhone it displayed everything just fine. Any idea what setting I need to choose on my phone to achieve this? I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks!

I have an android phone and my radio never displays the track info or album cover. When I used my iPhone it displayed everything just fine. Any idea what setting I need to choose on my phone to achieve this? I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks!
Not sure. It works most of the time in Google Play Music. Never tried the stock music player. Phone might need an update as well.

Sync had issues when Ford first released it but now developers are starting to take it seriously as Ford has stuck with it.

Entune is available on many 2014 Toyotas. When Entune grows in market, developers will start making better programs that will work with it. Just a matter of the waiting game. It sucks, but it's a part of being one of the first to have it.

The one thing I wish Toyota did was make the directional pad do more than change stations or tracks, but I suppose the advantage is that no matter what menu you are in, you can always change the station without having to revert back to the music display screen.