Radio froze now only have back up camera

So it started with it froze one morning, I turned it off and it came back on showing the Toyota symbol and was stuck I turned it off a few more times, and the reboot screen came up and it loads to the end and froze, now it does the same thing except it only loads a quarter of the way and goes back it does this three time and stays black for a minute or so. I have had my back up camera since this happened and still do so I don't think the radio is fried, it's going to Toyota Tuesday and there going to do an update I hope the update works or maybe they can flash the radio and do it ldk this is an amazing car I love it except for this issue right now if anyone has had this please tell me will it work again it's out of warranty so

My USB doesn't work either it's a 2014 Toyota Corolla s navigation Bluetooth it all, I'm not going to replace the radio cause from what I read it only bad when you lose it all the back up camera and other stuff but I still have that just so music please help

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
My USB doesn't work either it's a 2014 Toyota Corolla s navigation Bluetooth it all, I'm not going to replace the radio cause from what I read it only bad when you lose it all the back up camera and other stuff but I still have that just so music please help
What's your radio version? If it's an old version, that could cause the problems that you're experiencing. I updated my uncle's Camry which had its navi freeze a lot as well as other issues and they were all fixed after the update.

What's your radio version? If it's an old version, that could cause the problems that you're experiencing. I updated my uncle's Camry which had its navi freeze a lot as well as other issues and they were all fixed after the update.
The radio model is 100150 they have to replace it sadly

Not saying this is going to work, but it's worth a try, literally just disconnect your battery n let it sit for 5 minutes n then just reconnect your battery that should reset your radio completely

How do you update it? Flashing the firmware using an USB?

it seems I'm not the only one as of recent. I was just on another thread. according to the service rep who checked me in here in Toyota Hackensack, nj, he said to me it is likely just a firmware update that only the dealer can do. doesn't make sense to me since I'm in a 2014 corolla and I heard all the dealer issued updates were handled then. so I'm thinking they are gonna hit me with replace the whole unit of course way past the milage and literally just a week after my 3 yr mark(not that it mattered cause of my mileage) ive heard under warranty this issued is covered. ive been trying to find a way to do this solo but the reason its a dealer mandated update is because (according to them) you need a Toyota sim card(which I'm assuming only the dealer has) sucks man ill keep both threads updated my cars being looked over now.

Judging on the amount of people that have this problem, I'm afraid I might end up with the same problem soon. I have a 2014 Corolla LE ECO. Still the radio works but I don't know for how long.
Question: Does anyone know if this problem will be covered by Toyota Platinum extended warranty ?

Hey guys so I just got back from the dealer tech couldn't do the update so dealer say they have to replace the unit. 1123 parts labor taxes. I told them no. Cesar in another thread with this issue and on a YouTube video I have seen ppl say the warranty covers it. I however am past warranty so I'm looking for other options.

Hey guys so I just got back from the dealer tech couldn't do the update so dealer say they have to replace the unit. 1123 parts labor taxes. I told them no. Cesar in another thread with this issue and on a YouTube video I have seen ppl say the warranty covers it. I however am past warranty so I'm looking for other options.
This makes me keep my extended warranty in case it happens in the future. I'm still at 27k and I'm covered until 100k with the extended warranty. I will shot Toyota an email asking if I'll be covered in case something like this happens.

I just encountered this issue last night (4/3/2020) on my 2014 Toyota Corolla. Waiting on an email from the service department (be surprised if they actually DO contact me) to see what's happening. I've downloaded the firmware update to a USB however I can't see the menu to install since it is in the reboot mode. Any ideas?

I just viewed the video that was uploaded but I'm not having the "map" problem. My problem is that it looks like the radio is rebooting....looks like when the computer is getting an update but nothing completes. The screen goes black....then the screen comes back on with a picture of the radio and a line under it indicating something is going on and that keeps happening. The radio got "stuck" before this happened when I was changing the status (Sirius XM) but that has happened before. Now....I did replace my battery in the car November 18, 2019 but nothing happened until now. Do you think your disconnect to terminal/pump brakes/reconnect terminal will work?

I'm not having the "map" problem
Those who solved the problem with a new SDccard didn't have a specific map problem but the whole unit freezing as you describe. As for the battery trick in the video, you have nothing to lose in trying it. There is just no way to warranty one or the other will work