Radio Issues Yet Again

OMG I am so sick of this radio. The other day I started the car and immediately noticed on the radio screen some type of update was happening. Never seen this before there was an icon with a white line on the bottom of the screen. Ever since then I have not been able to connect my phone or my music through bluetooth. So I tried removing my phone so I could repair it. Every time I click remove my phone and click yes to confirm the radio sits on the screen and does nothing. My phone is still showing up it never removed so I cant add it again. Anyone else experiencing this? Should I remove the fuse so that the whole radio will reset itself?

Taking the car in Monday to be looked at. They must love me coming back a 3rd time due to radio problems lol.
Look man, just remember: You used your hard earned money to buy a brand new car. A brand new car should come with no problems. I took my 2014 corolla with only 800 miles to them TWICE for wobbling issues before they finally realized my alignment was off. My father is having trouble with his 2012 leased honda civic and those idiots at the dealership keep telling him nothing is wrong, yet every time they mention some stupid maintenance he has to do at the moment? Sounds like the dealership doesn't want to deal with fixing the issue and hope that YOU will spend your money fixing something that they should.

Sorry I forgot to mention, you could take your car to any Toyota dealership. If one gives you a problem then its off to another one.
Thanks! The thing is they make me feel like I'm a idiot. I know how to operate the radio. I have a ton of electronics and know what I'm doing. But yeah maybe after this I'll check out another dealership.

Well, got back from the dealership and they said there was a wiring issue causing the problem. On the invoice it says "poor connection at radio wiring". So thankfully the issue is now fixed. However, when I was there something else happened. Now I cant transfer any of my contacts over to the radio. They tried 2 other cell phones and they couldn't get it to work either. They sent me home and said they had to call Toyota to see what can be done. I bet anything I end up with another new radio lol.

That poor connection probably fried something in the radio. Electronics aren't friendly with connections going in and out rapidly.

Hopefully it gets fixed. Sucks this happened to you. Toyota makes awesome cars but not everybody is perfect.

That poor connection probably fried something in the radio. Electronics aren't friendly with connections going in and out rapidly.

Hopefully it gets fixed. Sucks this happened to you. Toyota makes awesome cars but not everybody is perfect.
Oh I hope that's not why my contacts wont connect now. But after you said that I have a feeling that may be the cause. They didn't call me back today. Hopefully I will hear something by tomorrow.

Well they finally called me back today after someone over there dropped the ball. They are installing a new radio again this makes number 3 since last October. I am hoping this is the last one I will need.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
The Radio, is not the best in the world on these cars they have so much interference on the most powerful stations broadcasting. Or you think the stations lessen their signal which they do at late hours to conserve power. I am better off just like placing on Iheart radio, but hitting a dead spot is no fun either.

The dealers are not like they used to be at all, not at all. Even theirinstallations team there as well.

You're not alone my friend. What passes for, "music", on the radio these days is pathetic, if not all out junk. I honestly feel very sorry for the younger generation that is fed this stuff.

There is good music out there ... it just isn't on FM radio.

Grab a newspaper (the old fashion kind) and see what kind of local bands in your area play. A lot of it is going to be infinitely better than anything on radio.

Also, I have a hard-on for XM 70's on 7.

Commercial radio has deteriorated to absolute cow-dung.

There are exceptions, but generally when the 1990's came along, someone turned the music switch to, "OFF".

Today it happen to me to it froze up could not do anything at all. Going to make an app.
for the dam thing...
Mine has done the same thing. I had to shut the car off and restart it. Then it worked fine. I only have 205 miles on it. It is at the dealer as we speak. Hope they can fix it.

XEON

My app is this Thursday radio and also change the single for 3 blinks to 5 blinks I think 7 is to much..

Keep us posted .. Can you ask if there any update for the radio an navi. if you can

Thank you!

XEON

They told me that they must do it. Since they are looking into the radio they are also
doing the blinks to. Dealer only I'll find all out by Thursday at 8:00am that my app time
I'll let you know then.

XEON

Ok
Here is the scoop on this thing There is a major firmware update
that makes the radio into a fuijitsu radio that it.

They did't what to give me the paper work on it But they show it to me.

It's dam stupid just use a USB jump drive and install it in the USB port and you are done.

XEON

I think it's a Japanese company..

They make a batch of thing!

just like Sony, JVC like that!

In the USA known for the high end computer stuff.