Raising height of front passenger seat

Hi all

I'm new here but not new to many motorcycle & Spyder forums.

Bought a 2014 Corolla S with all the goodies on it last December hoping it would be my last car purchase (I'm 77) I love it but it hurts me to watch the wife struggling to get out of the front passenger seat.
The driver's seat is all electric but the front passenger seat only has fore & aft adjustment plus rake for the back.

I want to raise the seat so she can get out more easily. Don't want a cushion to raise her a bit but to actually raise the seat further from the floor.

I've looked under the seat but can't really identify the bolts that secure it.

Has anyone any ideas to assist me please? I'm pretty handy around tools.

I even took her to sit in a Venza last week as the front passenger seat was electric + lumbar control but she did not like the colour & said the mirrors would hit the garage door frame as she drove it in & out, so that was a no go.

Interesting question. I've never researched how to raise a seat. There are kits available to make them slide back more, for those tall people.
I'm not sure you would want to raise the seat from a safety standpoint. If you were to get into an accident, the seat bolts could end up shearing off.
I believe the mounting points are under plastic covers and I'm pretty sure the bolts are studs that are welded to the body/frame.
I don't have an answer for you, just my two cents.
Maybe search vehicle accessibility products?

Interesting question. I've never researched how to raise a seat. There are kits available to make them slide back more, for those tall people.
I'm not sure you would want to raise the seat from a safety standpoint. If you were to get into an accident, the seat bolts could end up shearing off.
I believe the mounting points are under plastic covers and I'm pretty sure the bolts are studs that are welded to the body/frame.
I don't have an answer for you, just my two cents.
Maybe search vehicle accessibility products?
Thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure you are correct on all points. I'm probably clutching at straws. I'm not very mobile/flexible these days but have had a good look under the seat & car. Was not encouraged by what I saw.

lal

I wonder if there is any chance that you could install another power seat like the driver's side? Maybe you could swap the two seats, the controls would be on the wrong side but it may be worth the inconvenience.

If you were to get into an accident, the seat bolts could end up shearing off.
Also worth mentioning that our Corollas are equipped with seat cushion airbags. Might affect to way to do the modification and the way they work after it.