Rattle in dashboard

I was just reading something on the interwebs about people complaining about dashboard sqeeks and rattles on 11th gen corollas with 10K miles or less. Mine's got 22 and considered myself lucky until few days ago when it started getting cold in Chicago. I guess different plastics and materials contract/expand with temp change.

From reading different testimonials the dealerships aren't able to find the root cause and usually make it worse so I'm just going to live with it. It doesn't bother me that much anyway and most of the time I'm listening to something anyway.

Are any of you seeing this too? Mine's a 2015 LE Premium with nav/push to start all options basically.

Havent really noticed it in my 2014 le eco yet. Im in NY, maybe when it gets colder ill start to listen to it.
If its nothing mechanical ill probably live w it.

2014 LE Eco rattle only when cabin changes temperature (from heating cold winter or cooling in hot summer). Once temp is stabilize, nothing.

I have a 2014 S with 23,000 miles and I noticed the rattle too. It comes and goes but doesn't bother me much. I'm about to change out the awful rough riding Firestone tires that came with the car; maybe that'll help?

My 2016 L manual rattles also, it started after a few weeks of getting it, It really bothered me at the beginning, still does, but I gave up because I cannot find the root of it. I basically took the entire dash apart and added silicon, sound deadening and dampening material and still there, it comes and goes, just notice it more when is on a rough road.

AJN

2015 S with 21,000 and mine started about 2-3 weeks ago. Not so much a rattle as much as odd sounds going on-Think its haunted.. but definitely from the dash and as others have said- it kinda comes and goes. I'm interested in seeing what it will do when it gets cooler out. Daril you did what I wanted to do, so no need to go there.

2015 S Plus here. Had a dashboard rattle probably since day 1. It's stupid, but I just turn the music up. +1 that the Firestone tires don't help one bit.

It sounds like it is coming from the center of the dash, probably something to do with the defrost vents.

Daril

2015 S with 21,000 and mine started about 2-3 weeks ago. Not so much a rattle as much as odd sounds going on-Think its haunted.. but definitely from the dash and as others have said- it kinda comes and goes. I'm interested in seeing what it will do when it gets cooler out. Daril you did what I wanted to do, so no need to go there.
It might work for you tho, but I think it just won't. Those weird sounds are coming who knows where from, probably down at the firewall and travels up to what it seems to be the dash area. It's a mistery lol. Winter is coming up, that's when the noises will be heard the most due to the cold air

Daril

2015 S Plus here. Had a dashboard rattle probably since day 1. It's stupid, but I just turn the music up. +1 that the Firestone tires don't help one bit.

It sounds like it is coming from the center of the dash, probably something to do with the defrost vents.
Like you, I just turn the music up, but sometimes I like the quiet, and there is the sound lol, so I put the music back up or roll the window down so that the air from outside doesn't let me hear the rattles haha. Tires are bad quality, specially on the base model like mine. I will have to wait till those go bad because I want to go up to 17" from stock 15". PSI is 35 per tire, I think that's a bit to much and might be the cause of some rattling in the dash. Even tho the door says 35psi I will try down to 32 to see if that helps