Rear Deck Speaker Replacement

egear

Hey new here been driving Xterras for the last 12 years. The corolla is completly new to me but so far I like it. Has anyone removed the rear deck plastic to gain access to the speakers back there. These things gotta go. It looks like a pretty involved process.

Thanks.

i have, so far i am on my second pair of 6X9's. its not so hard to pull the rear deck, firstlypull the rubber boot around the doors, but only the part that goes over the rear part of the quarter pannel, and the bottom. then pop the quarter pannels. they dont have to come ALL THE WAY OFF, but it makes it easier if they do. (make sure you keep all of the plastic presure clips that hold those and the rear deck on) from there is is just a matter of popping the rear deck out. First the front part, the as you get towards the back you gotta kinda pull upward and outward at the same time. dont forget to unplug your 3rd brack light and any other harneses still attached to the rear deck.
To get it back in just reverse the those instructions.
Oh also, have a small socket set handy to pull those 6X9's either that or an angle driver, i prefer the angle driver, but be careful NOT to scratch the tint on the rear window with your tools!!!
Have fun lemme know if this helped.

egear

Thanks

Ya took a closer look at it today. Gotta drop the battery thanks to those dammed airbags. Why in the hell didn't they just make them accessible from trunk! I think I'll tackle the front ones first. Getting the door panel off looks much easier then the deck. Thanks for the detailed info.