Rear wheel well/arch patch panel??

Hey guys, I'm brand new to this forum and I need everyones help!

I apologize in advance for the length of this post.

I have a 2002 Toyota Corolla with 1.8l 4cylinder that I just rebuilt from the ground up engine wise. My first ever rebuild! It's also a 5 speed manual. Fun, fuel efficient little car.

Now first issue is the car was debadged on the trunk. Every thing leads me to believe it's an S. But not exactly sure. It's a pretty mint car. 105k miles when I bought it now almost 120k. Black exterior, interior is all black with red stitching. Also have original tape deck that works!.

Now my biggest complaint is that I am in the rust belt. Underneath of the car is a little rough but not to too bad but Shes got a clean paint job. Now, around the rear wheel well right around the rear door there is a significant amount of rust. I want this car to last and was threatening fixing the rust and having someone paint it. I am a handy guy and can do some fabricating. But it would be killer if there was a whole wheel well patch that I could use to replace mine. I.e. cut out the panel and weld in new ones.

Does anyone know where I can get these or if they even exist?!?!

I'll upload some pictures when I get on my computer

Please help! Thank you to any replies.

Awesome thanks for the reply @FinalGear. Thats what I thought, just wanted to confirm that. Cant really find the best way to share these pictures. Hopefully this works

Last edited:
sadly.. it's not a pickup truck or a 65 Mustang (u can order replacement rear wheel well all day online).

bondo, seal, and paint.. i never have any luck with this method. how deep your rust is?

sadly.. it's not a pickup truck or a 65 Mustang (u can order replacement rear wheel well all day online).

bondo, seal, and paint.. i never have any luck with this method. how deep your rust is?
Yeah i had a bad feeling about that. I actually found several patch panels but not for my year:( It looks pretty deep but depending on when i get into it i might just be able to do small, easy patches. Probably wont be for a few months once im working again and i have time in the summer.

You might want to try some rust converter in the meantime. It turns black, so that would blend well with your car. Protect your eyes, skin and anything it might fall on. It will actually eat concrete from what I understand.