Removing 2014 Corolla governor chip

Jlinn

i would drive it to and from work everyday... why bother posting a dumbass comment? obviously i know it's not going to be as fast as a mustang or corvette but i can damn sure tune my '20k' car tyvm.

Has anyone removed their 2014 Corolla governor chip?? If so how and did you have to tune the car afterwords??
The speed limiter is hard coded to the ECU. You would need to find someone to crack it, and re-flash it, to bypass the limiter. It can be done, but it's not inexpensive. You might be able to find a piggyback chip that will change the engine parameters, and remove the limiter, but I don't recommend it. Oh yeah, hacking the ECU will more than likely void your warranty. If you are bent on doing this, I recommend you go to a junkyard, pull the ECU from a wrecked Corolla, and experiment on that, so you aren't absolutely screwed if you mess it up (I've seen it happen).

So in your opinion do you think it would be easier to just swap the engine out with a vtec??
btw tyvm!
You're really intent on doing something, aren't you?

So, here's what I think, from easiest, to most difficult...

1 - Finding a chip, or system that piggybacks your ECU, and removes the speed limiter. I don't like systems that trick your ECU into doing something it wasn't designed to do. Somewhat good news is that this is least intrusive of all options, and can be reversed.

2 - Finding someone (most likely an automotive engineer) to crack the ECU, and re-flash it (and there's no guarantee whoever is trying to reprogram the ECU would even be able to, unless they were a Toyota engineer, and even then, I don't think they'd be likely to do this). This option can be reversed if you pull an ECU from a wrecked car, and preserve the one that came with your car, in the event you want to reverse this.

3 - The physical engine swap would be relatively easy, but have fun trying to get Honda electronics to work with Toyota electronics. You've probably gotten the idea by now that this would be the most difficult, and time consuming option. This project would not be reversible, should you decide you want your car back to the way it was. You'd also be without your car for a bit, especially if you plan on doing this yourself. You would definitely void your warranty doing this.

If you want to have some fun, keep your Corolla stock, go buy a mid-nineties Integra for a couple thousand dollars, and tinker with that. Those things had lots of tuning potential due to the whole Fast and the Furious franchise.

Jlinn

I have literally been looking up engines to swap the corolla with but none of them say that it will fit my car. i saw a 2jz engine but i'm not sure if it would fit it doesnt say what car it will fit other than supra. Honestly idk though i might just get a cold air intake and call it a day, the piggyback chip does sound fine but i'm thinking the cars engine might need to be tuned or whatever. also i have been looking at this Mazda rx8 r3 on base the guy is selling for 9500 but i don't have that cash upfront. it's such a nice looking car but idk ill just get this cold air intake and see how i feel.

I have literally been looking up engines to swap the corolla with but none of them say that it will fit my car. i saw a 2jz engine but i'm not sure if it would fit it doesnt say what car it will fit other than supra. Honestly idk though i might just get a cold air intake and call it a day, the piggyback chip does sound fine but i'm thinking the cars engine might need to be tuned or whatever. also i have been looking at this Mazda rx8 r3 on base the guy is selling for 9500 but i don't have that cash upfront. it's such a nice looking car but idk ill just get this cold air intake and see how i feel.
You're probably not going to have much luck finding what other motors may fit your car, as people who buy Corollas aren't really part of the street scene, at least not that I've ever noticed. The 2JZ motor is an awesome choice, but there are a few problems. 1 - your car is front-wheel-drive, the 2JZ was designed for a rear-wheel-drive car; 2 - the 2JZ is more than likely too big to fit into the engine bay of your car; 3 - should it actually fit, you'd have to do a good bit of cutting into the firewall, and floorplan, for the transmission, driveshaft, rear diff, and axle, as well as anything else required; 4 - you'd have to do a hell of a lot of re-engineering on the rear suspension to get it all mounted too.

The best you can probably hope for is a chip (if one exists), cold air intake, and suspension enhancements. You might want to see if you can get a turbo for your car's motor, but this isn't likely either.

I like your enthusiasm. Please keep me posted on what you might do.

Jlinn

So I was looking at the Vtec engines in the honda civics but all they have are used ones I want a brand new one to put in my car. Since I wasn't able to find one I just purchased a K&N cold air intake for the car. If you know of a site or place to get a new honda civic Si engine please notify me! I really want that SWAP! Also how hard is it to get a car that is FWD to become RWD???

You really should just not swap anything. It's expensive, and can bring a lot of problems from wiring, to fitment, to ECU issues.

Based on everything you are trying to do, get a Mustang 5.0. The newer Corollas are daily drivers, not a performance cars. If you want a Vtec engine, you bought the wrong car. From the looks of these posts, it just seems like this is just one giant troll.

You can buy my modded and tuned FR-S if you want a RWD 205 whp car that's faster than a Civic Si.

tyvm for giving homeboy the benefit of the doubt because I was losing my faith in humanity that someone could actually be this big of a "dumb ass"!
Considering the people I have run into in my travels, finding someone who is absolutely clueless isn't out of the realm of possibility, and transcends all boundaries, automotive world included. It's possible there are people who are completely ignorant when it comes to cars (or any other subject), so I don't write them off completely.