Resale value

i want to start getting my vehicle ready to resale. What are other tips to increase the value? I already know about interior and exterior detailing (scratches,dents, etc.), oil changes.

What about engine bay cleaning, new tires, brakes, and OEM alloy wheels?

Mine is equipped with steel wheels.

Will fluid changes like transmission and coolant increase value?

I'm sorry about all the questions right off the bat.

If you have any suggestions that I don't know I would love to hear your input.

When I see a bunch of maintenance that has been recently done to a car, I always think that the seller is trying to hide something.
Add a new set of rims, and I would question why someone put so much money into a car just before selling it. Same with new tires/brakes. I can't imagine you'll be money ahead doing that stuff.

I would leave the steel wheels and wheel covers on the car. I'm an old guy, and when I was used-car shopping for my kid 6 months back, I would not consider cars with black painted rims. I'm not looking for the car that your 17 year old has thrashed. I'm looking for the car that your grandma is selling because you made her turn in her license.

When I see a bunch of maintenance that has been recently done to a car, I always think that the seller is trying to hide something.
Add a new set of rims, and I would question why someone put so much money into a car just before selling it. Same with new tires/brakes. I can't imagine you'll be money ahead doing that stuff.

I would leave the steel wheels and wheel covers on the car. I'm an old guy, and when I was used-car shopping for my kid 6 months back, I would not consider cars with black painted rims. I'm not looking for the car that your 17 year old has thrashed. I'm looking for the car that your grandma is selling because you made her turn in her license.
You make a valid point. I guess I just wanted to present to the seller it's a well maintained car that I Cared for. new tires and rims just to sell is a waste of money.

With the few used cars I have purchased over the years what impresses me the most, and only two people provided them, were orderly maintence records. Oil changes, tranny flush, brake jobs tell a lot of how well it was cared for. Also, a personal log of wash and wax, tire rotation, and monthly mileage. (no or low mileage in winter a big plus). I appreciate when they even document the body work done. Two-if-by-sea hit it, you never know what the buyer is turned off by or looking for. For me its always a recent tranny flush is a big turn off. Why do a flush just before a sale?

Good Luck

I'm all for the simple, lower cost things before any car sale. Painting a hose before a sale didn't prompt the buyer to ask why you painted it... Because it needed it and added value. New tires (even cheaper ones) , break pads, tune up parts, all add a bit of resale value and help the sale process. Side note, to show a HISTORY of upkeep helps too... This shows a consistent preventive maintenance.

I'm all for the simple, lower cost things before any car sale. Painting a hose before a sale didn't prompt the buyer to ask why you painted it... Because it needed it and added value. New tires (even cheaper ones) , break pads, tune up parts, all add a bit of resale value and help the sale process. Side note, to show a HISTORY of upkeep helps too... This shows a consistent preventive maintenance.
Tune up parts do not add value. In fact, it takes away the value. Corollas are known for reliability as it was designed to be reliable by the manufacturer. Adding stuff that wasnt there and painting hoses screams “ricer” and those types of drivers usually dont really know a whole lot about engineering and hence you cant really predict if that car was abused or was cared for.

To be honest the tranny flush is something I want to do because I want too lol I'm an inspiring technician and I figured I'd work my own car. I wouldn't paint anything in the engine bay. I'm sure a super clean would do enough justice. Plus, I have another two years before the car is resellable. I want to keep maintenance for myself and the next person to drive it. Thanks for the opinions everyone, happy holidays!