Reset Maint. Required

DavidH

Greetings all. I am new and still learning how to navigate this website, but from what I have seen so far it's full of good information and nice friendly folks. I have a '06 LE and the small yellow 'maintenance due' came on, it was time for an oil change anyway so I had that done, was supposed to be free, or more accurately put, included in the deal when I bought the car. But the dealer hit me for $40 because I insisted full synthetic, they were going to use some crap oil I would not think they would use, but it saves them a few bucks. Yeah I get it, Mobil1 is now up to something like $12 a quart. But I scanned the ODB no faults showed and I do not know how to get the small yellow letters to go out. 'maint due' or something I don't recall exactly, I would have to go outside to the car but I am sure you guys know what I am talking about. help? Thanks!

You can youtube it. Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLctK_nHLY&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Although this is for the 09, it works the same except that the mileage must be set to the ODOMETER, NOT TRIP. You put the key in, make sure the mileage is on the odometer, turn the key off, hold the trip reset button on the instrument cluster, and then turn the key to position 2. The mileage will have -------- and flash for a second or two, then it will be all reset.

natecade1

Maintainer of Wife's Cor
Haha, I probably google this every time I change the oil! You would think I would remember by now!

At least it's much easier than nissans, where you have to hit the gas pedel 3 times in 3 seconds, then turn key then gas pedal 10 times and then pat your head and rub your belly or something like that!