Reverse Light wiring connector

• Hello there,

Newbie here! I am really hoping to get a How-To solutions on this problem I have.

I am installing the backup camera on my 2006 Corolla.

However, I had to connect the wire from the camera to the reverse light positive wire and to do that I’ve cut the wire off and now it is too short that I need to connect extra lengh of wire to make it reach the socket bulb housing.

And as you can see on the photos I’ve uploaded, the red wire is too short it is way too close to the wiring connector (no idea what to call that white plastic part)

My questions are:

1. Can I insert more wires into the wiring connector? If so, how can I do that?

2. Can I use the thicker wire to connect the current oem wire (I was able to get 22 guage from the local parts shop which is the smallest they’ve got) and what is the actual size of the oem wire?

3. What is the exact name or part number of the ‘white plastic part’ showing on the photos?

Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance!

YK

Attachments

I would take the car to an auto parts store and see if they have a connector that matches the OEM one. Most of the time there is a universal replacement part. The replacement might come with wire lengths attached.

I would take the car to an auto parts store and see if they have a connector that matches the OEM one. Most of the time there is a universal replacement part. The replacement might come with wire lengths attached.
Thank you! I think I might do that. Makes everything much simple and easier!! Thank you!!