Rims or Exhaust?

So, I found a TRD Full polish exhaust for sale in my state at an ok price. Used like 10 miles. How does that compare to the borla exhaust I keep hearing about? And, since I can only afford one or the other, should I do the exhaust or the rims?

If you have an LE or S with alloys, just do the exhaust. Doing rims can really mess you up depending on how far it deviates from the factory size. Rims also get stolen easily.

I have the 2016 Corolla LE ECO with stock 15 inch steel wheels. I think if I put on 16 or maybe 17 it would be ok. But more than likely a 16 inch rim.

I have the 2016 Corolla LE ECO with stock 15 inch steel wheels. I think if I put on 16 or maybe 17 it would be ok. But more than likely a 16 inch rim.
I didn't realize that the LE ECO came with steel wheels as I thought they all came stock with the alloys. Is yours a base LE ECO?

I would not go any more than 16 inches, especially if the roads are in poor condition where you live. Larger rims also add a lot of weight. Each additional pound of reciprocating weight is equivalent to adding 7 lbs to your car. That means your car will be slower and take longer to brake.

That's great to know. Thank you. And I know it's not the base model. I think like the middle model? Idk. But I do really like it. What I'm trying to do is fill the wheel well so it looks more proportional. I'm also thinking of dropping it in the back about an inch because I don't like how it looks with the back end in the air. I want it more leveled. My goal with the rims is to lighten it compared to the steel wheels and improve esthetics at the same time. I have the car in Slate and am wanting something with a blue look to compliment the blue in the paint.

Sounds like you really are leaning towards rims. That would be my choice, and I agree that 16 is a good size (that's what I got aftermarket, and they look like they fit the car). I don't think you should drop the back as it seems like that would really mess up the aerodynamics and I don't think it could be considered "ECO" anymore.

Only reason I want to drop the car in the back is it looks dumb being so high in the back. If I leveled it, I believe it would actually be more aero dynamic. I really want to do both but I don't want to waste the practically new tires I have, and I want an exhaust that isn't too loud but isn't almost silent either. Idk.

Only reason I want to drop the car in the back is it looks dumb being so high in the back. If I leveled it, I believe it would actually be more aero dynamic. I really want to do both but I don't want to waste the practically new tires I have, and I want an exhaust that isn't too loud but isn't almost silent either. Idk.
Hmm. Looks like the money is tight in there eh? Why don't you do one at a time? Either do the rims first or the exhaust? Prefer exhaust. If you have tires which are almost like you. Wait for them to wear out. Then get new wheels once and for all. It would be more practical. Or you if you wanna lower your car, make sure when you lower it the stock wheels still fit and look good. (when you think about reselling the car one day? might help). Exhaust-check out the brand gReddy. I'm getting that one soon. (If you want an exhaust, you may have to install an intake). Good luck man!

Jaever

So, I found a TRD Full polish exhaust for sale in my state at an ok price. Used like 10 miles. How does that compare to the borla exhaust I keep hearing about? And, since I can only afford one or the other, should I do the exhaust or the rims?
I just installed a used trd on my car and i havent tried the borla yet but to let you know trd is awesome sounds deep its not really loud not so soft its just perfect for those who drive daily or just for cruisin

If money is tight, don't mess with the suspension. The factory really calibrated everything to match the car and you would be potentially causing a serious safety issue as you have just changed to dynamics of how it behaves. It could also ruin your warranty.

I vote for rims, because this is what actually makes your car look cool. Properly selected wheels will underline the sporty style of your car and possibly improve the handling/cornering in case if the rims are bigger and wider than your stock.

Performance exhaust system is a good option, though.