Rough idle 2005 corolla xrs

Hello everyone, just cleaned the throttle body on my 05 corolla xrs, was having idle issues, is there a re learn idle for the corolla or do i simply disconnect the negative post from the battery. Im still getting a high idle. Thanks ,to any one's help

This gen Corolla.. the ecu is VERY picky :mad:. You unhook it and now the ecu needs to relearn everything. I let the engine idle for 10 min. Then shut it off for 10 min and fire it again and let it idle for another 10 min. Then shut it off for another 10 min.. then go for a short drive around your house (if it dies, you are in walking distance from your home). Hope this help

To restore the data to the ECU. Go to the highway and go upto the speed of 80kmph. At that speed keep the accelerator at the same position. You will see car speed will go slightly up and down. Dont worry and let it adjust and store the values. Dont use cruise control!

This will solve your problem.

R.S

Before checking the ECU, have you checked the throttle cable? A lot of times, it stretches out over the course of time by a mm or to. Thus, it idles below the suitable range of 800 to 1000rpm.
Solution: Slightly tighten the nut on the cable connecting the throttle body to the pedal. Do this with engine running so that you can hear it get better and tune accordingly. Good luck.