Rpm

I just bought my 2011 toyota corolla a week ago and already having problems. When you hit 60 the rpm starts jumping up and down. The car loses a little power everytime it happens. I have read alot of messages from other people with the same problem. I am going to the toyota service department in a couple days to get it checked out. It is a very uncomfortable ride. The car is not smooth and is jerky. I hope they can fix it but everything I am reading is telling me that toyota won't do anything.:(

I just bought my 2011 toyota corolla a week ago and already having problems. When you hit 60 the rpm starts jumping up and down. The car loses a little power everytime it happens. I have read alot of messages from other people with the same problem. I am going to the toyota service department in a couple days to get it checked out. It is a very uncomfortable ride. The car is not smooth and is jerky. I hope they can fix it but everything I am reading is telling me that toyota won't do anything.:(
This is a known and common problem on all 2011 Corollas, although many people who own them don't realize that there is a problem or a cure for it. Read up on it at http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377441 There's a LOT of info there, and it confirms your problem. Read especially the last few pages of this long thread. The fix is for the Toyota dealer to reprogram your ECM using the procedure in the Technical Service Bulletin T-SB 0124-11. It will fix your problem and you'll be very happy you read this reply to your posting!!! :)