S Plus Alarm

So my 2014 S plus is about a week old and its kept in the garage on a not so busy residential street (cars mostly, no big trucks passing by) and this morning the car alarm went off (stock security system, nothing special or aftermarket).

1- Have any of you experienced a sensitive car alarm issue? Where it goes off with the slightest noise?

2- It turned off by it self, before I could even go down stairs and get the key to disarm it, it turned off by it self and never came back on....any ideas?

I'll have to read the manual again but I thought it said our factory alarm only works off entry, not motion. That means someone would have to break a window or unlock the doors without the key fob. Are you sure someone wasn't playing with the panic button on your key?

You don't have to have the key fob to unlock the door.
I haven't tested it on the Corolla but that's how it works on my Civic factory alarm. If I set the alarm with the fob and then open the door with just the key, the alarm will sound. I still need to reread the Corolla handbook to verify, or I could test it I guess.

Edit:
So I just tested the Corolla and the key in the door disables the alarm. I just assumed it worked the same as my Civic, you know what they say about people who assume.

Last edited: