S seat ripped?

Discussion in '2014 + Toyota Corolla' started by tomjenks, Jan 10, 2017.

1. tomjenks

tomjenks New Member

Hello,

We have a 2015 Toyota S....no issues with it other than the driver seat has ripped and I fear will only get worse as time goes on. Has anyone else noticed this issue with the S ?? The bolster is very high on the seat each time I get in and out it pushes on the bolster? Anyone know if this is covered by the warranty?

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. trdriky91

trdriky91 New Member

How many miles do u have?

4. tomjenks

tomjenks New Member

i have 24k on it....this started at about 15k

5. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

If there is a seat problem causing the fabric to rip, then yes. It should be covered under the standard warranty.
    I would think it should be covered regardless, you would think that the materials used would at least outlast the warranty.
    Stop by your dealer and ask them.

6. trdriky91

trdriky91 New Member

I currently have 26k on my 2015 S plus and I don't see signs of it getting worn down or wrinkles on the soft flex area.

7. Michael Korologos

Michael Korologos New Member

If they don't warranty it mine are for sale. :]

8. 2rollas

2rollas New Member

How much are you asking?

9. Michael Korologos

Michael Korologos New Member

500+shipping for both front seats and the rear

10. Blkhillsguy

Blkhillsguy New Member

It is covered by warranty. Get it in their ASAP. Don't take no for an answer. If you have ANY issues call Toyota's 800 number and go over their head. I doubt that will happen. I recommend seat covers. I bought a very nice set for the front for a good price with a 5 yr warranty. Great quality.

11. lori heath

lori heath New Member

I had the same problem, and yes it is covered. They were going to replace my seat cover, but it ripped twice, and they realized the cushion under the cover was breaking down, so I actually had to wait awhile before getting the entire seat replaced. I was told that they had to redesign the seat due to this problem. I have had my seat for several months now, and i do not think it is as comfortable as the previous seat. I do alot of commuting....i need comfort. But yes, go take it in the dealership.

Chris Denton likes this.
  12. Farmercorolla17

Farmercorolla17 New Member

Wow!
    I'm not a big guy, in my 2017 SE the seat feels like it's going to rip..whenever I climb in to sit. It's the design of the seat....i guess toyota wanted racing bucket seats styling. Kinda reminds me of my Sparco Circut seat...side huggers

Glad they warranted your seat...