Setting up amp/sub

Ok first I have a 2016 Corolla S
I got my self a all in one audiobound 10" with amp "100wats"on a stock head unit.

Ok so I ran power from the battery from the passenger side and along the the side where you can't see any of the wires.

*note that there is a plug behind the glove box

Any ideas on what to do next as fare as a switch, or where to access a remote power?
And where to tap the speakers for high output
Thank you guys for the input

Attachments

Yes I got a 12 gauge cable from "Home Depo". Was only $7. In black. The other wire is yellow and its most likely a 16gauge.

It's on a low budget cost
Amp/sub $40-----Craigslist
Wire total $10-----homedepo
Fuse / Wire free!
Labor "my time"

Last edited:
Am think of using the yellow wire as the remote access cable to the amp, but am wondering where can I pull the that from. Radio most likely! Just got to find out which wire I will need to pull that from. If not I will have to use a switch, I don't want to because I will forget

to me it sounds like your asking how to attach a remote control to your sub to adjust the volume?....to answer that question you usually run a wire to the amp and run it through your car to a knob controller in the front....atleast thats what i have.

STOP! Before your the next car fire on the highway!!!
You need proper wiring! #12 awg is only good for 20amps, max. Usually at 80%, gives you 18amps. Your gonna need at least #8awg automotive grade wire for your amplifier. Also depends on the specs for the amplifier.
You need to properly fuse the power wire as close to the battery as you can. This will aid in preventing a FIRE. Next, properly ground that amp!
High lever input can be obtained by tapping into your rear speakers assuming your mounting in the trunk. See if your amp has signal sensing turn on or remote wire turn on. If it's the latter, your gonna need adapters for the head unit and again use proper wire.
Please keep researching before you cook your car! I have a 2014 LE and I've replaced everything except the head unit. Added Kicker 12" sub with 1000w amp and Kenwood speakers all around.
I'm also an electrician and speak from experience.
Anymore questions, just ask!

STOP! Before your the next car fire on the highway!!!
You need proper wiring! #12 awg is only good for 20amps, max. Usually at 80%, gives you 18amps. Your gonna need at least #8awg automotive grade wire for your amplifier. Also depends on the specs for the amplifier.
You need to properly fuse the power wire as close to the battery as you can. This will aid in preventing a FIRE. Next, properly ground that amp!
High lever input can be obtained by tapping into your rear speakers assuming your mounting in the trunk. See if your amp has signal sensing turn on or remote wire turn on. If it's the latter, your gonna need adapters for the head unit and again use proper wire.
Please keep researching before you cook your car! I have a 2014 LE and I've replaced everything except the head unit. Added Kicker 12" sub with 1000w amp and Kenwood speakers all around.
I'm also an electrician and speak from experience.
Anymore questions, just ask!
Do you know what wires are the rear left and right speakers on the 2016 corolla S?

There is an 8 pin connector on the back of the head unit. Should be 5 wires in use. The single wire in the center is a ground (pretty sure). Then you have 2 on the left and 2 on the right. Top left is rear -, bottom left is +, for left speaker. Top right is -, bottom right is +, for right speaker.
This is if your looking at the pins with the clip part of the connector facing down.

There is an 8 pin connector on the back of the head unit. Should be 5 wires in use. The single wire in the center is a ground (pretty sure). Then you have 2 on the left and 2 on the right. Top left is rear -, bottom left is +, for left speaker. Top right is -, bottom right is +, for right speaker.
This is if your looking at the pins with the clip part of the connector facing down.
It's a separate connector from the power and front speakers.

Do you know the colors because I'm running it through the panel by the rear door
Your gonna have to remover the rear deck lid to tap the wiring. Thanks Toyota! I don't know the colors. But technically, if you did, you could tap them anywhere. I did everything at the head unit. Removed front and rear speaker wiring and installed RCA converter cables. Then ran RCA to my amps. I'm trying to upload pictures but they're too large for this forums server. Lol

Your gonna have to remover the rear deck lid to tap the wiring. Thanks Toyota! I don't know the colors. But technically, if you did, you could tap them anywhere. I did everything at the head unit. Removed front and rear speaker wiring and installed RCA converter cables. Then ran RCA to my amps. I'm trying to upload pictures but they're too large for this forums server. Lol
Can you text them to me ? 501-503-6703

I'm having problems with the remote wiring. I took the signal from one of those 20amp fuses under the dashboard, driver side next to the pedals. the problem is::: if i remote start the car its turning on the stereo, but if there is nothing playing, it comes out from the bass box low frequencies really loud. I don't really know what will be the solution for this. I don't really want to put a switch to turn on the amp, I'll probably forget it on someday. any ideas for this guys? ps: the fuse that I'm using is the one for rear driver side door power. I saw one of 7.5amp at the same fusebox witch the description is "ACC" .. but I'm not sure if I take the signal from there I'll solve this problem, the biggest problem is: It has a timer that keeps power to some places in the car for 30 seconds I guess, and that's the moment when my problem pops up.

I'm using amp Taramps TL1500. I don't really know if this stock radio has remote output in the back... :/
Limited information on this amp since I don't read, write or barely speak Spanish. Lol
Anyways, on the aftermarket wiring harness for the radio. There is a blue wire with a white stripe that is used for amp turn on. You would need to connect to that and run a separate wire to the remote turn on terminal of your amp.
If you are using the splice method and not a wiring harness, then I do not know what color the factory uses for this. But it is there. You would need to look at an aftermarket harness to determine what connector the blue with white strip wire is attached to. Then count the rows and pins to determine its location and cross reference with the factory harness.
This sounds more complicated than it really is.

It was attached to the fuse of one of the rear back doors. But there is a timer on the stock system that sends power to that fuse for 30 seconds after removing the key from the ignition and It was messing up my installation. Yesterday I've changed the remote wiring to just like it shows on the picture above.

It was attached to the fuse of one of the rear back doors. But there is a timer on the stock system that sends power to that fuse for 30 seconds after removing the key from the ignition and It was messing up my installation. Yesterday I've changed the remote wiring to just like it shows on the picture above.
The wire in your picture is the power wire for the radio. It should work to turn on your amp but the wire you want is under that and next pin over to the right.
If your looking at the connector from the wire side with the tab on the top.