Several Questions

I just got my Corolla 2014 Sport Premium (4/29/14) and I can't find the answer to the following questions - hopefully one of you experts can help me. 1. Is there an Auxiliary or can you only turn the car completely on or off? 2. Is just the display lit at night? 3. How do you clear Trip A or Trip B? 4. Is your light that comes on when door is opened very bright? Mine is hardly noticeable. Is there somewhere to change the setting to brighter? Thanks for your help. I have looked everywhere for this information.

Welcome to the forum.
1. What do you mean auxiliary? Yes you can turn the car off completely.
2. What display are you referring to? Stereo? If so, you can make it dimmer. Speedometer? Then no.
3. Press and hold the button next to the trip meter.
4. Yes the interior lights are ****ty, swap em out with LEDs. Their are a few posts on the subject already which include bulb numbers and where to get them.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Welcome to the Corolla Forum! :thumbup1::clap::thumbup::):balloon::party:

I'm guessing that the answer to at least some of these questions might be found in the owners manual?

1. Push the Engine Start button without your foot on the clutch or brake pedal, that is how you get Accessory mode.

2. At night everything should be lit, check your dimmer switch to the right of your power mirror switch.

3. Select Trip A or Trip B with the button on the left of bottom center of the instrument cluster, then hold it until it reads 0.

4. No, the stock halogen bulbs are never bright. If you want to go brighter, go to www.superbrightleds.com and search for map and dome lights. I personally get the 6 LED ones and they are very nice and bright.

Get two of these for the map lights (if you don't know what you are doing, get a professional to install these as it is very easy to cause damage to the lens to get to the bulbs).

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...ed-bulb-6-smd-led-wedge-base-tower/1728/4112/

And one of these for the dome light. This guy is easy to do alone. You'll see a slot on the lens for a screwdriver. Insert screwdriver into slot, and pry toward the front of the car while pulling down. That pops the lens off. Use screwdriver to fish old festoon bulb out of the car, just keep in mind that when installing the LED festoon, the LED bulbs should face down and slightly to the rear, as there is no reflector there.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...bulbs/de3175-led-bulb-4-led-festoon/231/1083/

VTAK8k

2014 S Plus
Welcome to the forum tnp.

Not to hijack the thread but I can't find the other lighting thread so I'll ask here. I'm finally putting some LED's in our S. I already ordered the ones that Donabed linked but I'm wondering which ones you used for the license plate lights and also the interior trunk. I searched them on the superbright website but they list multiple possibilities. I know you've tried different ones so could you link the ones you ended up with?