Shift from second to first gear while driving too slow

Hello,

I am an inexperienced driver. I am driving my parents car, a Toyota Corolla. It has 1.33 liter petrol fuel engine.
My question: while in a curve, if the car is moving very slowly (just a little above 1000 rpms), should I change from second to first gear or use the clutch a little, so as the engine would not "die"?
Is there any risk in damaging the gear box if you change from second to first gear while the car is moving but slowly ?

I recently drove a diesel car and with second gear and 1500 RPMs I could take the curve without issues (just pressed the clutch a bit).

Thank you.

If you have to use the clutch you need to shift to a lower gear. If you keep slipping the clutch you will wear it out and be replacing it sooner than normal. Going from 1st gear to 2nd gear at that slow speed and low rpm's won't hurt a thing.

If you have to use the clutch you need to shift to a lower gear. If you keep slipping the clutch you will wear it out and be replacing it sooner than normal. Going from 1st gear to 2nd gear at that slow speed and low rpm's won't hurt a thing.
Thank you for responding to my question. Did you want to say from 2 to 1 (at that slow speed and low rpm's won't hurt a thing)?