Shift Knob Question

Hey all. I would like to change the shift knob to something a bit different. Couple of questions. Does it just screw off like normal ones? And what is the thread size? Thanks!

Ok so it does indeed just screw off. Lol just need to figure out thread size now.
Im looking forward to seeing your results...I am thinking I want to swap mine but i dont know how it will work with the boot. Im thinking it will fit a pretty wide range since it doesnt have a push button like normal automatics though.

Im looking forward to seeing your results...I am thinking I want to swap mine but i dont know how it will work with the boot. Im thinking it will fit a pretty wide range since it doesnt have a push button like normal automatics though.
Agreed, found a pretty nice looking shift knob. Or maybe get an 8-Ball shift knob.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/E-PRANCE-Chrome-Finish-Aluminum-Transmission/dp/B00E7PAPJU/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t[/ame]

Haven't ordered it yet but any shift knob that is m12x1.25 I belive should work. The collar for the reverse isn't affected. That thread and info is for the 6 speed manual and I can't comment on automatic thread pitch lol. But it foes just unscrew.