Slow Takeoff..

So Im not sure what the cause of this is, but; when im at a complete stop and try to accelerate (gonna be honest, I floor it when im in a hurry which is common) and the car barely moves. i have to release the throttle and then accelerate again in order for it to move forward. Does this happen to anyone else? Not a big issue, just annoying

Yeah same here mine takes off slow asf,if I try to take off fast it actually bogs a little and goes dangerously slow on those left turns if cars are coming fast lol. My bone stock 1997 Civic automatic took off quicker. I honestly wish I had a L model with the regular automatic or the are manual transmission. I'm waiting for a write up on 11thgen CVT to to manual swap lol

The CVT is built for maximum economy and off the line acceleration is a weak point. I noticed this right away when I drove the CVT, hence why I bought a 6MT. That being said a throttle controller can help improve the feel of the lag you notice.

I owned a Pivot throttle controller for 7 years on my 2009 Corolla S. I took it off when I installed my turbo kit because the tuner said to do so for when he did my final tune. My plan is to install it on my 2017 Corolla iM if it fits. I haven't tried it yet though. I loved having it as it made the car feel much more responsive.

Slow take off is what you get with a CVT. The CVT in the 2019 hatch has an actual gear that it uses to get off the line before the reverts to CVT function. As far as reviews go it is much better, but still no 5mt or 6mt. From a review on the new hatchback

Toyota calls it a launch gear. We’ll explain it this way: imagine the first gear of a traditional automatic transmission at the start, then a transition to the belt mode of the CVT.
Read more at https://www.auto123.com/en/car-revi...chback-first-drive/64996/#GVJY65PZym0A4OqT.99

Have you bought one?
Yeah. Finally got it in the mail today and installed it. I’ve got the pedalmax with the dial so I can put it where I want it. 0-100%. Definitely takes the lag out of it! Almost was like learning to drive stick all over again cause I could barely touch the pedal without it wanting to rev all the way up and lurch/leap ahead. Had to dial it back and slowly take it back up to 100%. Have it figured out now. Just barely have to touch it.