Smelling Oil During/After Hard Acceleration?

Connor

So, I was getting onto the freeway today, and you know, Corolla's are slow, so you have to accelerate pretty hard to get up to speed. I have a 2011 LE, and after about 75% throttle for about ten seconds straight, I smelled what I believe was oil, REALLY strong smelling for a few seconds.

I just changed my oil, but I would occasionally smell it under the same circumstances before I changed it, but the smell was much stronger after changing it. All my windows were down, if that makes a difference. Do I have an engine problem, or is that normal. There is no blue exhaust that I can see.

1. You may have an oil leak on the exhaust or your engine is burning oil
2. Smell could be from vented crankcase fumes, known as "blow by"
3. Possible exhaust leak

So, I was getting onto the freeway today, and you know, Corolla's are slow, so you have to accelerate pretty hard to get up to speed.
I always get a kick out of these staments. When I owned my 1982 Corolla Tercel and all of its 60 HP it would do 0-60 in around 13 seconds and I never had a problem with accelerating into traffic. I timed my work truck and it does 0-50 in 23.15 seconds! Even at that I'm okay merging with traffic so I know you are okay with your Corolla! :rolleyes:

So, I was getting onto the freeway today, and you know, Corolla's are slow, so you have to accelerate pretty hard to get up to speed. .
Whenever I see this it makes me laugh. When I had my 1982 Corolla Tercel it had 60 HP and went 0-60 in 13 seconds and I never had issues with accelerating and merging with traffic. I timed my work truck and it does 0-50 in 23.15 seconds, that is correct 0-50!! Even in that slow thing I do just fine so I know that you are okay in the Corolla! o_O