Speaker and sound upgrade

I was curious what some of you guys have done to upgrade the sound system. The factory sound system leaves much to be desired. I am looking purely for fidelity, but it may be a challenge as I have the factory navigation system. Have just upgrading the speakers offered enough of an improvement to make it worth it? I am an audiophile who has temporarily downsized to go back to school and change careers.

I did a entry level sub and will do the rest with component speakers. Currently looking at the Infinity setup and the Type-R. Any decent upgrade is gonna be better than OEM lol. Gonna add a small amp to it just to make sure its getting enough juice. Also using the stock Entune headunit without the Navi. Sub hooked up via Inline converter.

I left the stock deck in and added an amp for the door speakers and another amp for the subs also upgraded the speakers too... Sounds great!

HanSolo

I am afraid that I have no knowledge of car audio equipment as it is the home theatre side I am most familiar with. What are some of your best brands with fidelity being the priority?

JoshTRD

i have Arc audios for the front and Memphis audio 6x9 for the back...i did it all myself..not amped but sounds much more clear..

I left the stock deck in and added an amp for the door speakers and another amp for the subs also upgraded the speakers too... Sounds great!
Blkrolla, curious as to where you put the amp and how you wired it up? I'm new to car audio and planning on doing it this weekend, a bit nervous about going on it on my brand new car, but only way to learn eh?